The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. Temps from upper 60s to low 80s today with a slight chance of rain this afternoon. I hope it stays away from my house, I have several plants that are drowing or have drowned. I'm tempted to dig them up and put in pots until it dries up. But then again... maybe they just weren't meant to be. On the other hand... some things, like the Clematis is doing wonderful.
    I did manage to get the front mowed yesterday, hopefully I can get the back done this evening... it looks a mess back there!

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast. BRRRR! What happened to spring??? I'm not feeling up to par today ... sore throat and hot head. Must be from working in the changing conditions all week. Not sure how long I will last in this cold weather, but I'm off to work. Have a great day all :)

3. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. Temps from mid 60s to uppper 80s. And still a slight chance of rain. But at least I got the majority of the mowing done. If the rains stay away, I should be able to get to the pasture. And hopefully today I can rake up the grass clippings and get the edging done.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. It rained again during the night, almost another 1 inch in the gauge and really muggy this morning. Might be more later today.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 0°C , overcast and windy. Another miserable day to be working outside ... this may call for an early start to my weekend! I'm still not feeling great ... my throat is sore, nose stuffy and it hurts to cough. Should be an interesting day. Have a great day all :)

6. toni

Good morning all. Another wet morning, another 1 inch in the rain gauge and more likely this afternoon. But since it rained this morning that means the afternoon rains are not as likely to be as severe as they could be.....if the sun comes out before then, all bets are off. We missed some possibly very severe weather night before last because the storm front was delayed getting here until the middle of the night when the air was cooler.

7. Ms kitty 01

Ms kitty 01 In Flower

It is raining here today. Cool with mild temps. Hope everyone has a great day. Make your day brighter by doing a good deed for someone. It will make you feel so good.

8. cherylad

Happy Friday afternoon. Got all my errands ran this morning. Now to get outside and see what I can get done. I need to get my spot ready for the cantaloupes. Need to rake up grass clippings. Need to pull weeds. Need to snip some tree branches. Need to divide a couple of planted things. Need to feed the potted stuff. Need to get off the computer and get started! LOL

9. Netty

Good Saturday morning all! Currently -1°C and sunny. Up bright and early this morning to take advantage of my towns "Compost Giveaway" - each vehicle is allowed 4 containers full of beautiful compost in exchange for a donation to the food bank. This is offered each year, the Saturday after earth day. 4 containers isn't a lot, but it is 4 containers more than I had yesterday ;) Have a great day all :)

10. toni

Good Morning all. Sunny and soggy, it rained again about 1/2 inch last night. Supposed to be sunny and close to 90 this weekend with more rain next week.
    Had a wonderful evening with oldest daughter and grandsons last night for early birthday since she will be out of town on a school trip next week.

We are heading to a cool junque shop east of here in a bit to get my birthday present......a car door for the garden.

11. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. Well not so happy for me. Another 1.25 inches of rain so far.
    And I have so much to do... especially since instead of doing stuff yesterday, I went out with my brother and sis-in-law to eat crawfish.
    Oh well... maybe it'll clear up.

12. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It was sunny and nice here today. Just jacket weather today! But, now it's cloudy and going to rain tonight and some of tomorrow and then sun and higher temperatures for the next few days. We were out and about today, walking here and there. I've lost about 12 pounds since we moved here last month, mostly from all the walking we do. Also, we don't eat out as much here as we did in Texas. I did make chicken and dumplings for supper and there is some left for tomorrow. The banana muffins I made for breakfast were very good, too. We won't get much walking in tomorrow if the rain comes. But, maybe there will be some times when it isn't raining and we can

13. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Here it is Saturday evening and I'm just getting here. We were out and about today. There was supposed to be rain but I think it must have went south of us. It was windy but the sun was shining. It was in the 60's. I wanted to buy some flowers when we were at WalMart today but I have no yard to plant them. Maybe I will buy some pretty pots and have some in front of the windows. I'm not very good with indoor plants but you just need to make do with what fits into your life these days. Now, it's going to be sunny for a few days and maybe even get up to 70 degrees. More walking. I've lost more than 10 pounds this month from all the walking we do. It's very good for my glucose levels, too. No buses on Sunday so we only walk to the convenience store for the papers on Sunday. Maybe a mile there and back so it is some walking.

dooley

14. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently just 4°C and overcast. I spent the day hauling compost of one form or another yesterday. The veggie beds are now almost ready to plant! I was exhausted though, and ready for bed by dinner time! I must pace myself a little better today. Lots of chores to do inside before I can get outside anyway. Have a great day all :)

15. toni

Good morning all. Got my birthday door yesterday, red BMW not really very old but I love the size and color. And we found an old Sonic Drive-in tray like the carhops put on car windows with your food order. I want to plant the makings of a burger and fries around it, or as many as I can.
    http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation...e-are-the-best-drive-in-restaurants-in-the-us the sixth photo is of one drive-in still in business today and I have been to it several times. But sadly the one I spent many hours at with girl and boy friends in Sherman is long gone but certainly not forgotten.