The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. I checked the rain gauge when I got home yesterday... 3.75 inches more of the wet stuff.
    But the sun was out! I almost didn't recognize my shadow. :cool:
    There's not a cloud in the sky this morning. Such a welcome sight! Will enjoy it while I can.
    Not that I'm able to do anything in the gardens, but it's nice to know the plants will get some sun.

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good evening all! It's getting warmer here by the day. Phew...

Oh boy do I ever have the perfect software for you @toni :)
    https://justgetflux.com/
    I've been using it for years to save my eyes during late browsing and it's really helped.

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. I really need to be taking advantage of the clear sunny days by getting outside and weeding. Too soggy to plant anything in our black clay but the weeds are having a wonderful time growing and I think they have learned to walk cause they are dropping seeds all over the yard. :eek:

Thanks for that link Frank, I'll check it out. I think part of my problems are the cataracts I have that seem to be getting closer and closer to time to get them taken care of.

Oh, shucky darn, I just realized that I have to get back into the routine of making supper. I haven't had to cook since Tuesday of last week, wonder if I remember how.....gosh I hope not, I hate cooking. :worried:

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all . CUrrently 14°C and cloudy. I have one thing to say this morning ... Thank God it's Friday!! What a week!! Off to work, and then after work I am taking myself to a greenhouse just off my beaten path. After the week I have had I deserve a treat! Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. toni

Good morning all. VERY wet again this morning, a storm moved through slowly last night and left behind 4.5 inches of rain on my gardens. The ground is so soggy now that the mosquitoes don't have to find pools of standing water to lay eggs in, they are living in the soil. But just like clockwork, June begins on Monday and the rain chances become close to 0% on Sunday. But the good side is that we are supposed to have far fewer 100 deg days this summer than in the last few.

6. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 22°C and sunny. There is a good chance of rain today and rain tomorrow so I'm heading out to the garden early. Housework can be done when it rains! Have a great day all :)

7. toni

Good morning all. Another 2.5 inches of rain fell on my garden early this morning bringing to monthly total, so far, to just over 10 inches. The weather guy last night mentioned that the people at the Ft Worth office of the National Weather Service (where all the records for our area are kept, etc) did some playing with numbers and determined that if all the rain that has fallen in Texas in the month of May was spread out over the whole state (and didn't soak in) it would cover the entire state with 8 inches of standing water.

But the rain is supposed to stop after this morning and the chances of more rain for the coming week are pretty low. But it will take many days for the flood water to find someplace else to go since all the rivers, creeks and lakes are overflowing.

8. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently just 8°C and overcast. I had to put on pants and a jacket for my morning dog walk this morning! We finally got a good rain yesterday, and so I will finally be able to weed and plant the back flower beds today. I weeded the veggie patch yesterday and filled a whole wheelbarrow to the point I could barely push it. I think the veggies should grow much better now! Have some Dahlia's and some Gladioli to plant today, as well as the last of the annuals. I need to make a list for the greenhouse as I know I won't have enough to fill the beds. It's going to be a busy day! Have a great day all :)

9. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently just 10°C and clear. It's just after 5am and I'm off to begin another busy work week. I do hope it is a productive one! Have a great day all :)

10. toni

Good morning all. At least it's now a good morning since the stomach bug ran is course through my system overnight, I wanted to get up early this morning while it was cool outside but not that way. :eek:

Lots of plants starting their blooming season this week, no rain since Saturday just lots of sunshine and they are loving it. Even Spooky is feeling very playful this morning, he is giving that ball on a stick a good batting around.

11. cherylad

Happy Monday morning! I only received about 1/2 inch of rain on Saturday... and NONE on Sunday! woohooo!
    And there's NO RAIN in the forecast for the entire week and weekend. My plants won't know how to act with all this sunshine. Sure brightens one outlook to be out of all this gloomy weather.
    There's still flooding in the area due the continuing release from the dams. Heard a couple guys talking in the store the other day about the problem they were having at their warehouse from the alligators being in there. Yikes!
    So now that things have dried up a bit, I can now feed all the potted stuff. And can start spraying for munchers this evening. Maybe my plants will start to grow now.

12. toni

There have been snake problems up here and not all of them are harmless, a few people of been bitten while walking through the high grass that can't be cut because of the soggy soil.

13. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 12°C and clear. No rain in the forecast all week. I am tired this morning ... up late trying to get my back gardens done. Off to work, where today we will continue with the planting of annuals and weeding. Have a great day all :)

14. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. It felt great to tend to the plants yesterday... and my feet never got wet! :)
    This evening I can start spraying for munchers.
    I picked a few green chiles and jalapenos yesterday. I also read that if you spray pepper plants with a mild Epsom Salt/water mixture it'll make them produce more and bigger. Think I'll give that a try before I use up all my Epsom as feed for the containers.

15. toni

Cheryl, Epsom Salt is a great fertilizer for all plants.

Good morning all. Another bright, clear, sunny day.....I am beginning to really miss the clouds and rain. The black clay is still pretty soggy so I will have to hold off on getting new plants in the ground, maybe tomorrow. Looking at the plants on the bench out front, I hadn't realized there were so many accumulating there since I had decided a few weeks ago that I wouldn't be buying more plants this year. Hmmmmm, plant addiction is an insidious thing that sneaks up on your unaware. :eek: