The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday morning and back to work for some rest. Spent Friday morning getting the mowing done. Then it was over to the school to do some prep work in the kitchen for the reunion. And then hung out and visited with friends/classmates until late. Then it was up early and to the school by 8am. The reunion went great, no problems. I'm guessing we had close to 500 people come through. There were a couple ladies there that graduated in the mid 1930s! My class was represented well, and we made up the majority of the organizing, cooking team. Got to see some old teachers/coaches and lots of old friends and classmates (between all the work).
    I was home by around 7pm and plopped into the recliner. I didn't even bother to get up to go outside and look at fireworks. Then up and back at the school by 10am to drop off some stuff to people who had to leave early the day before. Then home to do some cleaning and then back in the recliner until it cooled off a little, then out to water the containers.
    Then, yep, back to the recliner until bedtime. I sure slept good!
    Okay... now that the reunion is over, I'm switching my full attention to getting the plants ready for the sale at the church the first weekend in August. Tonight I'm going to sort them out and make a list of what I have and get started on their info tags.
    That is... after I go BACK to the school to drop off some last minute donations and paperwork. :)

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Cherylad - I am tired just reading about what you have been doing!!
    Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 19°C and cloudy. It is going to be a scorcher this morning, with afternoon thunderstorms. We do need the rain, but I hope that there are no severe storms. My son starts his new job today ... security for the Pan Am games. I am excited and nervous for him, and hope he has a great day. He is also out for the first time in his first car today - another milestone for my boy. They sure grow up quick! Hubby starts a new job tomorrow too, should be interesting. Have a great day all :)

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Tuesday morning. No rain in the last few days (except about 1/4 inch over the weekend). Who knows, maybe I'll get to use my soaker hoses for the SECOND time this YEAR! :snicker:
    Went around the yard making a list of plants for the sale... over 100! But honestly, alot of them aren't looking good enough - I know I wouldn't buy them. I blame it on the lack of sunshine. But I'm not giving up on them, I need to stop and get some more Epsom Salts to use in the next feeding. I also need to get my hands on some larger pots... some things are ready to get out of the 2 gallon ones.

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

This is our day off! We're going into the "city" to do some shopping and have lunch. No picking tomatoes, no weeding, no canning, no mowing and shredding. A day off! Boy, are the chickens going to be mad at us--no working humans to entertain them.

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Enjoy your day off, Jane. I can almost hear the silent treatment you will receive from the chickens when you return home this evening.....we get the same thing from Spookie when we get home after being gone all day.

I have decided to spend today inside, the humidity is 86%, temp is 83....so the feels like temp outside should be hovering around 160. I know that's not the way they figure it but, only feels about 5 degrees hotter than it actually is, but I am don't trust the weather predictors calculations so I am not taking any chances. :eek:

6. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 12°C and overcast. We had rain yesterday, but clearing skies today. My daughter was miserable yesterday, having to play her soccer game in the rain. Came home soaking wet and had a bath and hopped into her 'onsie' pj's. I hope she doesn't catch a cold. Off to work to power weed the veggie patch today. Those weeds sure do grow quickly! Havea great day all :)

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good evening all! Our continuing hot weather continues. 35 deg C every single day. My body is not made for this :crying: However there is a typhoon on the way tomorrow so temperatures should drop. Of course a typhoon isn't an ideal event but if the temperatures drop then I'll allow it :)
    Have a great day ahead all!

8. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Morning all. 60º right now and cloudy. Will probably rain today. It rained a lot yesterday, theres a lot of flooding in Indianapolis and surrounding areas. Havent seen floods here yet though.

Had an interview at Wal-Mart yesterday. They went through 1st and 2nd interviews, then paperwork, and this morning I have to go for a drug test. If my background check comes back clean (dont know why it wouldnt :p), I should be going to orientation Friday for Bakery. Yay job!

toni and Frank like this.
  9. toni

Good morning all. I swear this keyboard is showing signs of old age, it just will not type the letters I hit and it always forgets to capitalize the I.....that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Our temps have been steady at 93-95f/34- 35c for the last couple of weeks, but the temp will be going up next week, we are looking at 100-105f/38-41c then. We might get some rain later today but the radar shows most of the rain west of us and it's moving northeast not east. So I am watering today anyway.

10. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 12°C and overcast. Skies will be clearing for a beautiful day! Off for another busy day at work, veggie garden and shrub trimming is on the agenda today. Have a great day all :)

11. Netty

Good Friday morning all, and TGIF! Currently 12°C and cloudy. I am thrilled that it is finally Friday ... what a week it has been! I'm working until 2:30, then a quick stop at the adult beverage store, then home to cut grass. With any luck there will be enough daylight left after that to harvest some veggies and walk the gardens. I haven't had a chance to walk the flower gardens all week! Have a great day all :)

12. toni

Good morning all. We have had mostly clouds for a couple of days and even 1/4th inch of rain on Wed but summer is ramping up to hit with a vengeance next week, should be 100+ beginning on Sunday and heading into the next two weeks. Our average number is 16 for a summer we might reach that one. Just as long as it's not a repeat of 2011 where we had 70 days, I will be okay with it......I guess.....if I have to.

We are taking off in a little bit. Highway 377 from Benbrook to Granbury is calling our names and we must go..... actually it's more Witherspoon's in Granbury I hear calling than anything. They have the most fantastic selection of rusty metal, old barn wood, cast iron items on the outside of their building....inside stuff ain't bad either. Found an interesting hotel for the night and we will be back home tomorrow sometime. Hopefully the junque haul this time will be better than the trip to Abilene in May, I got pretty much nothing out there. I am feeling very deprived, haven't gotten anything good since we went to Greenville back in April and got my car door. :worried:

13. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I just finished an hour's stroll in the backyard, behind the lawnmower. I noticed some pruning I need to do, and there is also dead-heading, so I'll be going back out shortly to play in the yard!

14. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 17°C and sunny.Woke up at 6am so I guess that was sleeping in - I usually get up at 4:30. Lots to do today, in the house and out in the garden. Looks like I will have beans to pick in the next day or two! Time to pour a coffee and plan the day!

15. toni

Good afternoon all. We got home from our junquing foray a little while ago. I have lots of good goodies to photograph but first we have dinner with oldest daughter and two grandsons to enjoy so it will be tomorrow sometime.