The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. Broken record here also... upper 90s and lots of sunshine.
    finished my project at work, taking off in a few for a very long weekend!

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all! TGIF! Currently 17°C and clear. Another day of dragging hoses ahead. We do have a chance to thunderstorms overnight and into tomorrow, but that doesn't help the plants today. The ground is getting hard as rock or dust like the desert depending where you are working. Some rain would be a wonderful thing! I am so thankful it is finally friday ... a chance to get reacquainted with my gardens here at home. Have a great day all :)

3. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Good morning everyone. It is 16 C. this morning. Showers for today and tomorrow with thunder storms. We need the rain so I won't complain. Gardens are very slow this year because of the cold wet spring. Most things seem to be dwarfed as compared to previous years so I don't think there will be as much produce as anticipated. Have hamburg buns and pizza dough on the go this morning. The dough goes into the freezer and the buns into the oven. Must go take of that. Have a great day!

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Today is my husband's birthday--got the cake made yesterday so today is just thawing the steak and toasting almonds for the green beans almondine (which may consume our entire almond crop!). There were two eggs in the coop this morning, so I think the hens are celebrating his birthday, too.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 22°C and overcast. Keeping my fingers crossed that the promised rain comes :fingerscrossed: ... we need it so badly! A busy day ahead ... lots to clean around the house and lots of weeds and deadheading in the back flower beds. I've barely seen the flower beds all week! Have a great day all :)

6. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 18°C and sunny. Yesterdays promised rain didn't come, and so today will consist of watering with what is left in the rain barrels and from our well. The next chance of rain isn't until Wednesday when they give up a 40% chance of thunderstorms. Those aren't very good odds, but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. The ground here varies from dusty to baked solid and cracked. There are beans, peas, and berries to pick today and maybe some canning to do before it gets too hot. Have a great day all :)

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all.
    Jane, hope Walt had a great birthday!!
    Looks likely that we will end the month of July with 1/4th (.635 centimeter) of an inch of rain. We have a 50% chance of rain next Friday but that means that about 50% of the whole north Texas area will get some rain and that's a big darn area so I am holding out no hopes for it being on me. Now, I hope that Mother Nature heard me make that statement and decides to teach me a lesson by letting my garden get an inch or so of rain.

8. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 16°C and humid. Why do weekends pass so quickly? Back to work this morning, where there is a lot of watering in my future. Heatwave continues, and no rain in sight. Extra work today, after work, and so I have set up the slow cooker with a roast of beef so dinner will be ready when I get home. It's going to be a long day!

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all! I met my new niece yesterday who is a month old :rosy: It's been a while since I held such a young baby so I had to adjust quickly :) Always nice to welcome a new member into the extended family.
    Weather today is average at best, could rain at any second it seems. Let's hope we get a few dry days soon as that would really help the farmers out.
    Enjoy your day all!

10. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. Was so nice to have that long weekend. No rain. Just heat. I did manage to get the yard work done... except for the weed eating and trimming. Stupid weedeater broke. I'll be picking up a new part today and hopefully get it done this evening.
    Helped celebrate my Aunt's 98th birthday on Saturday. Had lunch with my brother, sis-in-law & niece on Sunday. The church's bazaar is this weekend, so will be stopping by after work seeing what all needs to be set up. Mrs. E won't have her list of plants ready until tomorrow, so I'll be pressed for time getting the ID tags ready. Hopefully it'll be some of the same plants as before. But mine are all cleaned up and ready to go.

11. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 18°C and clear. We may break a 40 year heat record today. I am not looking forward to another day of dragging hoses in the heat!

12. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Why does it always take me three trips to the store to get the right thing? Stupid weed-eater head! Says it fits most brands, including mine. But does it? No! Back to the get the other one and give it a try.
    Oh yeah... hot and dry here.:)

13. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Hot and dry, the temp has hit 100F/38C the last couple of days and will again for 6 of the next 7 days. But on the good side, only 4 days left in July.....but on the bad side August is our hottest month and 100+ temps reign supreme then for typically more than half of those 31 days.

14. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 19°C and clear. THe hot air mass is stuck above us and so it will be another day of dragging hoses. Time to go out and do a rain dance! Straight home after work today ... I have a date with my daughter and our pool! Have a great day all :)

15. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 22°C and still dark. The days are getting noticeably shorter now, as it is still dark by the time I should leave for my dog walk. The heat is starting to get to me ... I just can't seem to cool down completely. A dip in the pool before bed would have helped! Off to drag yet some more hose at work. I think it's time for a rain dance! Have a great day all and stay cool :)