The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 4°C and overcast, with rain. It rained all night and everything is saturated. We are expected to hit a new all time high temperature for February 3rd today with the high expected to reach 14°C. I've been out walking through the gardens as the snow is all gone, and I'm getting the itch to get gardening. Winter is far from over though, and even our groundhog predicted 6 more weeks of winter yesterday. Canning some beans today and skating tonight. Have a great day all :)

2. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Good morning all. A storm is a brewing here. Snow,ice pellets and then rain later and very windy. We had an earthquake the other day. Very minor, but to us it is a big deal. Earthquakes are not all that common here. But when you house starts to shake and things rattle it does get a bit unnerving! Just 3.3 but only 4 miles off shore from our place. Off to make some raspberry muffins for lunch. Have a great day everyone.

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Temperatures are more on the normal for this time of year scale today, we had 5 days of 60-70 deg but this morning is in the 30s as it should be for February.

Chrisle earthquakes were a rare and scary thing around here until about this time last year. In 2015 there were 57 within 5 miles of me...ranging from 2.0 to 3.0. I have several cracks in the ceilings and walls now.
    It is a strange feeling to have the wall you are looking at shift from side to side and hear a crinkling noise come from the roof above you. Fracking is causing it but everyone getting rich off the process is denying it big time.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  4. Netty

Oh gosh Toni, that is what I blame on most of the things wrong with this world! Everything is about MONEY these days! But that is another whole post in itself!
    Good Thursday morning all. Currently -1°C and overcast. My legs are a little tired from my skating class last night. I decided to use the last 10 minutes of time to do laps as quickly as possible and my legs are rebelling. No pain, no gain I always say and so it is a GOOD tired ;) Off to do my errands and shopping today. I don't need much so it should be a quick trip.

Advertisement
  5. toni

Good morning all. Our internet was down for a while this morning, it still appears to be iffy. They were apparently doing some system upgrading overnight and someone, as Randy and his IT buddies call it, spilled beer on the server. Thankfully for the time it is completely down our phone and iPad are on our cellular WiFi system so there is some connection we can use if needed.

Another money saving scheme is biting the street construction company in the b*** this week. Last summer when they were rebuilding our portion of the street the cement contractor sent some very inferior product to be used and now they are having to tear up a good portion of the other side of the first three streets they worked on and put down better quality cement. We are back to having to come and go only after they stop work for the day at 7 p.m.

I missed figured on how long the Dr. Who scarf will be, not 9 feet but more like 15.....extra length could be from me not being really picky about the stitch gauge on a scarf too ;)

6. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -1°C and sunny. We were up and at the arena bright and early this morning for a dance lesson, and now I am home having coffee. Dentist appointment at noon to replace a lost filling, and then home to bake. Bought some potting soil yesterday and so some plants will get repotted too. Have a great day all :)

7. toni

Good morning all. Another day of listening to street construction happening right in front of our house, but they are getting the concrete poured so maybe it will be ready to drive on by Monday.

The Dr. Who scarf is now 7 feet long, just barely into the second half of the pattern so it's gonna be about 12-13 feet long when finished and that's not counting the fringe on the ends when it's complete.

8. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 1°c and sunny. It is a beautiful day! I hope to get outside and clean up some branches and bring in some firewood. It's also a walk-through-the gardens kind of day. Hubby is replacing the lattice around the bottom of the back deck, and he needs to stand in the garden while doing so. Most things are still dormant so it should be fine. Have a great day all :)

9. toni

Good afternoon all. Breakfast at Deli News with oldest daughter, a quick trip to wander through a Half Price Books and yeah I did buy a book :rolleyes: but it's a knitting pattern book so that doesn't count against me.....then grocery store before the 'gotta feed the Super Bowl watching crowd' shoppers had a chance to flood the store and then home to do some piddlin' little projects if we felt like it....or sit and veg out if we didn't.

Got Spring like temps coming this week with almost 80 on Thursday. I sure wish Mother Nature had asked my opinion before she ended Winter for us.

10. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -2°c and overcast. Somehow my planned quiet weekend turned out to be anything BUT quiet! I also had a large list of things I wanted to get done, and very little of it got done due to puppy sitting yesterday. Catching up on those chores today, as well as having the furnace serviced this afternoon and skating tonight.
    Unlike Toni, We've (finally!) got winter like temps coming this week with -20°C expected by Saturday. Have a great day all :)

11. toni

Good morning all. A little chilly to start the day but warming up a lot later. Too windy for me to be outside, I do not fancy having a Sinus headache for the day, so I will do laundry, a little cleaning (as little as I can get away with that, which I can since nobody else does any and if he complains I can remind him where the cleaning supplies are. He doesn't complain at all :scheming:)
    The forecast has a possibility of Winter showing up the last week of Feb but I am not holding my breath. We have had snow in late March in the past so maybe it's going to be a little late this year.

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all! Our weather is just horrid. We have had 3 months of this wet and windy weather now and everyone is just sick of it. You can see the wear and tear on everyone's faces as the days go by. This morning we had "Storm Imogen" to contend with. While it didn't hit our area as bad as the south it was still unwelcome.
    Hope your day is going better! Have a good one!

13. Netty

That's exactly how it was for us here last winter. It started early, and we had lots of cold, snow and wind and by the time spring actually came everyone was at their wits end! Hang in there Frank, it won't be long now!
    Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -5°c and snowing. I'm not really feeling 'awake' yet, I hope I'm not catching my daughters cold! I'm going to have a cup of coffee and ponder my day. Have a great day all :)

Frank likes this.
  14. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -6°C and snowing lightly. We haven't seen too much snow this winter so I am not going to complain. I started going thru the stack of garden magazines in my room yesterday ... I have Canadian Gardening going all the way back to 1995, and a few years worth of Organic Gardening and Gardens Central magazines as well. I'm going to read them again and then find a better way to store them! Starting spring clean up early so that I can be outside in the garden as soon as possible. Have a great day all :)

15. toni

Good morning all. The weather here has been and will continue to be boring!! The most excitement we have is when a stray cloud skitters across the sky, but they are usually going somewhere else to meet up with friends and give somebody else rain or snow...we get the dry, sunny skies. This is not boding well for our Spring and Summer outlook.

Youngest as PT this morning on her wrist, then we go to breakfast and this evening we pick up youngest grandson to take shopping so he can get a valentine gift for his Mom.

Monday night was spent in the emergency room with oldest daughter....we think she was exhibiting symptoms of an ulcer but the ER Doc kept dismissing that and claiming it could be the flu even though she had no coming down with the flu like symptoms. He had a one track mind on that one, but she goes to her doctor this afternoon to have some tests run.