The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Winter has found us ... It's -20°C with a wind chill of -29°C. At least the sun is shining!
    Procrastinating my errand and shopping trip today because I just don't want to go out into the cold! I may decide to do it all tomorrow.
    Have a great day all :)

2. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -10°C and overcast. My plans yesterday changed suddenly with a call from my Mom from hospital. She was there with my Dad who had some sort of problem with his blood sugar levels dropping dangerously low. Needless to say, I dropped everything and drove to the city and spent the day there with them. They kept him overnight and hopefully he will be discharged today. So today's plan is yesterdays plan - errands and shopping! Have a great day all :)

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Wishing your Dad feels better soon Netty :flower:

Hope it wasn't anything too serious Toni.

Good afternoon all! The weather while slightly foggy today has been a welcome change the last three days. Lovely sunshine yesterday and the day before.
    Have a top Friday all!

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Her doctor believes it's an ulcer....working on her Masters, one son who moved to Houston last month (much relief with that event) and one who is driving her crazy with continued failing grades at school, an ex- who quit his job to make a fortune with some music venue and hasn't paid child support in 6 months....we think it's an ulcer too. The blood work will be back in a few days.

We have errands today and tomorrow we are heading towards my favorite junque shop in Granbury, making the usual junque shop stops along the way. I need more junque like I need another hole in my head.

Advertisement
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Oh, Toni, I'm so sorry you and your daughter are going through this trial. Her ex needs to be hauled into court (although in Texas a good horsewhipping is allowed, I believe).
    Enjoy your junque trip. One does "need" junque--it satisfies the soul and gives us Stewies something to look at and envy your creativity! Let us know what you find and what you will do with it!

6. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -22°C and sunny. -22°C seems almost tropical after yesterdays -37°C windchill!
    Dad is leaving hospital today, with a new medication regimen and a load of follow up appointments. At least he gets to go home!
    I am playing catch up around the house today. Have a great day all :)

Frank likes this.
  7. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -15°C with sun and south east winds. It is 'Family Day' here and so it is a holiday!
    A busy week/weekend just about over and I have to take my son back to school today. In 2 weeks it will be study week and he will be home for 9 days!
    Have a great day all :)

8. toni

Good morning all. I have Iris buds about to open, Roses are still blooming, Hyacinths and Muscari blooms are showing color, the Crocus bloomed late last month. I want winter but Mother Nature is giving me Spring, sometimes I think she drinks. :suspicious:

I think we will be finishing the living room wall today, so many things have taken precedence lately that has had to be put off a few times.

Frank likes this.
  9. Netty

I have the exact opposite problem here Toni! :chuckle:
    Currently -3°C and snowing. Temperatures feel great after the frigid weekend we just had, but I sure could live without the snow. It's the wet, heavy kind that sticks to everything. My daughter is home from school today with a stomach bug so I won't be going too far anyway. Have a great day all :)

10. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all! The weather is down wet and windy here again :( Yesterday was a lovely day but I'm afraid it was short-lived as we are promised a lot more rain over the coming days. I have never experienced a prolonged period of bad weather like we have had over the past few months. Just terrible and it makes farmers reassess their career a little.
    Have a top Tuesday wherever you are!

11. toni

Good morning all. The humidity is pretty low and rain chances are even lower so the wildfire chances are elevated....already this year.
    Frank, I sure do wish we could share some of that rain with you, we are already heading back to drought conditions.

We bought mulch yesterday so my plan this week is to get more cardboard and mulch down in the back jungle and I have three days of 70-80 deg temps to inspire me to be out there doing just that.

And I am 4 feet into the second Dr. Who scarf I am knitting. It goes very quickly since it's only 9 inches wide and all rows are knitted.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  12. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -3°C and snowing. It's that nice wet snow again, that is very heavy and sticks to everything. I will have to go out and shovel it a little later, and bring in some firewood. My daughter is feeling better today and has gone off to school. I'm not sure if it's because she actually feels better, or because she knows I won't let her skate tonight if she doesn't go to school. I've dug out all my seeds and will be planning my gardens and making a list of what I need. It shouldn't be a long last as I have a LOT of seeds, but you all know what happens! Have a great day all :)

13. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Hello all!
    Happy to report day 4 of NO armadillos in my flower beds! I put up some of those scalloped wire border edging thingys and it seems to have deterred him. Maybe I can actually keep plants in the ground again! :fingerscrossed:

Frank likes this.
  14. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Cheryl, so glad to hear from you, and to hear the good news about the 'dilloes!
    We are planting vegetables, and I still have quite a few perennials to cut back. We went into the big box store today, and I found the carrot seed I needed and a small variegated ivy plant for the patio.
    Spring is hitting us hard--sore backs, big grins, and a very sound sleep each night!

15. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -24°c and sunny. Waiting patiently for it to warm up a few degrees so I can go out and start the car. Off to do my errands and shopping this morning, and then hopefully home to enjoy some sunshine this afternoon. Have a great day all :)