The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

@Palustris - WOW! Congrats - definitely seems you've definitely got self discipline to me :) :) :)

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 15°C and overcast. We had rain overnight!!! I'm not sure how much, but ANY rain is a GOOD thing!
    I would have been a broken record this morning too, but since we had rain I will not be dragging hoses today! My day is looking up! Have a great day all :)

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Still broken record weather here and will be for, well since this is only mid-July it will seem like an eternity.

4. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Was out for a day cruise on the lovely Uchuck III. Given the climate in this area it could be said the name applies. Was a lovely day for a ride and not 1 drop of rain even though it has rained every day the preceding week.

A23.JPG

A2.JPG

Arrived at Friendly Cove the landing spot of Captain Cook when he discovered the west coast of Canada.

The totem faces the sea and is carved in a welcoming stance with hands outstretched to the water bearing 'gifts' of stone.

A18.JPG

A20.JPG

West coast is quite barren and wild

A16.JPG

Was definitely an awesome relaxing and beautiful day.

Philip Nulty, toni, wannabe and 2 others like this.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Friday morning all. TGIF!! It has been a long week, but the end is finally near. I can not wait to sleep in tomorrow! Off to work, no watering today, but lots of weeding and deadheading and trimming. What a nice change! Have a great day all :)

6. toni

Good morning all. Randy's folks got a new dishwasher so we are heading down there to help install it. Might rain today but probably won't.
    Talk to you all tonight.

7. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Sun is out - bring on the weekend ;)

8. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently just 10°C and cloudy. The humidity is gone and it feels great!! I'm going to try to get some weeding done today, but it is my daughters 13th birthday today! Most of my day will be spent her her. Have a great day all :)

9. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Good morning. Lovely day here it is now 80F. Was out early and did some weeding in the strawberry garden. I was really enjoying the solitude until the deer flies appeared. That ended my weeding. I sure hope the flies decide to take a siesta this afternoon and maybe I can do a bit more.
    The drills of the veggie garden will be weeded by using the tractor this evening. Already enjoying new potatoes.:D
    Have great weekend everyone. Stay safe.

10. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Overcast :( Probably going to rain :( Darn .......

11. toni

Good afternoon all. We got rain yesterday, very surprising for July but there it was falling from the sky and leaving 1.11 inches in my rain gauge. Course we were driving through most of it leaving Dallas.
    Today we have some errands to run and birthday shopping for our youngest grandson who turns 17 on the 24th ......holy smokes that number just hit me, he can't be that old but then I counted it up on my fingers from 1999 to 2016 and sure enough he is that old and that number doesn't change no matter how many times I do a re-count. :rolleyes:

Frank likes this.
  12. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 14°C and clear. I decided the puppy was ready for a longer walk this morning, and so we walked almost half of my regular route. He did well and so I will walk a little further each time until he can walk it all. He has lots of energy so we need to get it out in ways other than destructive! I had a great day yesterday ... when I went to pick up my daughters birthday cake I noticed the garden center was closing for the season and they had a table of FREE PLANTS!! I picked up 2 rock cress, 2 cranesbill, a primula, a dwarf Lilac, some eggplant, a blue salvia, some savoy cabbage, and a few other things. I also got a big planter for $20 (regular $60) and a pair of shears for $11! Looks like I'm doing some gardening today! Have a great day all :)

13. toni

Good morning all. A garden center closing for the season, really? Very glad you drove by and rescued all those plants, hope they do well for you.
    Got our errands run yesterday, only 99 deg out so we were moving as fast as we could to get done and back home. Now we won't have to leave the house again until next Sunday when we take our neighbor to the airport for her annual trip north to stay with her mom for about 6 weeks.
    Weather people keep threatening us with 100 deg temps but the most we have been getting is many days of 99, not really much difference still feels between 102-105 outside.

14. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Happy Sunday, all! Netty, I am green with envy, and happy that you rescued those plants and gave them a good home.
    Toni, I agree--the difference between 99 and 100 degree heat is hardly noticeable to anyone but a meteorologist who keeps threatening the magic three digits!
    I spent an hour this morning transferring gravel to the old coop to fill in some of the craters the ladies had dug along the perimeter so the chicklets wouldn't fall in and break a leg.
    Tomorrow is the big day--blending the flocks! My husband will be standing by with the camera, so if it isn't too chaotic I'll bore you all silly with photos of chicklets and hens meeting beak to beak!

Netty likes this.
  15. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 15°C and overcast. We did get a light sprinkle of rain this morning ... any little bit helps! Off to work, I'm really not sure what awaits today. Mostly weeding and watering I think. Will also be planting a flat of free eggplant seedlings that I got from the garden center the other day. I hope there is enough season left for them to produce fruit. Have a great day all :)