The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. CJay

CJay In Flower

Good afternoon. Snowing at 30 degrees f. And now very single.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast. We had our first 'real' snowfall last night and there is probably over 6" of the white stuff out there.
    This is the first time the dog has seen it and so he had a lot of fun running around and eating the snow. So cute!
    Dentist appointment this morning, and then I need to figure out what the weird smell is in the basement. The new furnace seems to be blowing an odd smell around.
    Have a great day all :)

3. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -1°C and foggy.
    Lots of the snow melted yesterday, but there is still a little bit. The dog looked disappointed lol
    Domestic chores today, and 3 packages to pick up. I'm craving chili so I may make a big pot today.
    Have a great day all :)

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We had fog, too! Got up this morning, and couldn't even see the pond. Luckily it lifted by 9 a.m. so we could go get our Christmas tree. It's a beauty--7' tall, Frazier Fir, full and aromatic. I love Christmas trees! This afternoon I'm making Parmesan crackers for a couple of diabetic friends' holiday baskets and perhaps doing a bit of decorating. Fa la la .....

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. Our youngest took us to the grocery store last night, that was certainly a 'place swapping' event. But Randy still can't drive and since it was dark, foggy and a bit rainy I didn't feel good about driving a still unfamiliar large barge (Toyota Tundra).
    This morning it is very overcast and chilly but the cold front won't be here until tomorrow....they say....maybe... with any luck....(I can hardly wait)
    Not decorating this year, I don't feel like wrestling the boxes out of the closet and really not interested in all the bother of putting them up and taking them down again in a couple of weeks. Maybe next year.

6. CJay

CJay In Flower

Good evening peoples. 31 f here. It snowed day before yesterday. But was 45 f today. So it melted.

So now its cold and theres no snow on the ground. And I'm snuggled up on the couch with the pups thinking about the wine in the basement. Sweet sweet sreawberry raspberry wine I cant have.

7. Raddang

Raddang In Flower

Bright and sunny here. Expected high of 12C around mid-day. Unusually high for time of year.......long may it continue.
    C Jay, I hope that is non alcoholic wine ;)

8. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -1°C and windy. At least the sun is shining.
    I got into a very unnatural cleaning spree last night, washing floors and walls with a bleach solution. I usually do that kind of work first thing in the morning when I have lots of energy, but the floor looked dirty LOL Making a shopping list today and doing more cleaning. Have a great day all :)

9. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Hard freeze predicted for Thursday night, so I went out and cut lettuce and got the last of the bell peppers, and harvested two nice heads of broccoli. After I got the veggies tucked into the refrigerator we positioned the Christmas tree (really a great one!) and have plans to use the trimmings from the bottom to make the gate swags this afternoon. Then perhaps a little more baking. Oh, happy, happy holiday time!

10. CJay

CJay In Flower

Nope. Thats why i cant have it. :(

38 degrees Fahrenheit today. Snow is gone. But dont want to go outside. I did for some reason I still dont understand rearrange my 4 seasons room.

Raddang likes this.
  11. Netty

Good Friday afternoon all. Currently -3°C and sunny. We had some snow squalls last night but no real accumulation of snow.
    I got a text from my son while I was shopping yesterday, about the dog running around the house with the Javex bottle. I thought that was really odd until I just re-read my last entry here ... I used bleach to clean the floors the night before! He always seems to carry around something that I recently used/wore when I go out. Silly, silly boy! Thank goodness he didn't chew through the bottle!! This morning when I took my daughter to skating, he had the luffa that I used and also my boot. He doesn't chew them, he just carries them around. Except the luffa ... he killed that. :snicker: Have a great day all :)

12. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It was about 17 today but tomorrow evening an arctic from is going to pay a visit and the temps will plummet into the single numbers. There will be 4 to 7 inches of snow. Who can ever tell how much snow is coming? A lot of it depends on the wind and there is supposed to be some of that, too. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I read a forecast. I can't remember where but it said that between Dec. 10th and March 30th we would get about 50 inches of snow. I hope not. dooley

13. Netty

Good Monday evening all. Currently -1°C with passing snow squalls. I had a great day today! Was up bright and early for a dog walk in the fresh snow, before a trip to the big city with my daughter. She saw the dentist, and then we went to the mall. I managed to get almost all my Christmas shopping done! Came home, made dinner and carried in firewood. Played ball with the dog in the snow and shortly heading out to the arena for daughters skating session. It's been a full day, and I am sure I will sleep well tonight! Have a great (rest of) day all :)

CJay likes this.
  14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

There was about 5.5 inches of snow according to the weather report. They did a good job of plowing the streets and clearing the sidewalks so it wasn't too bad getting around. dr kept the bird feeders filled and the birds came by the dozens. Some got up and tipped the feeders and spilled seed out on the ground so more birds could eat at the same time. With so many birds they trampled the snow down so everyone could find the seed. dr shoveled a path from the door to the feeders which are at the edge of the woods behind the house.

15. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast. I am feeling overtired today, and so I am going to try to take it easy today. Might wrap some gifts and tidy up a little ... nothing too strenuous. I also feel like I am getting sick, and so I cancel my plans of stopping in to see my Dad today. It is his 90th birthday, and I don't want my gift to be sickness. Hopefully I feel more myself tomorrow. Have a great day all :)