The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently 0°C with light rain. On my dog walk today, I remembered to bring a bag for all the garbage I see in the ditches. It took about 3 minutes to fill a shopping bag, and there is still lots more. Made 50 cents on beer bottles too :) Today is a day to catch up on things around the house before tomorrows craziness at ice show. Have a great day all :)

Frank likes this.
  2. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -1°C and snowing. Just came back from my dog walk, during which time I filled up another bag with garbage from the ditches. We will be heading out shortly for a day at the arena for ice show. This is the last day of the regular season at our skating club. Next week, we start spring skate at another club.
    Don't forget about earth hour tonight ... turn out your lights for an hour! Have a great day all :)

3. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 0°C and raining. I picked up yet another bag of garbage on my dog walk this morning.
    Ice show turned out really, really great and left all the skaters so happy and excited for another year. That won't start until October for most of them.
    Today, I'm going to relax a little. It's been a busy few weeks.
    Have a great day all :)

Frank likes this.
  4. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 2°C and overcast. We had some rain over night and so there is a large puddle on the front of the property again.
    Everyone is gone today, back to school and work, and so I have the house to myself to clean up and do some baking. I also need a trip out to the store to pick up a few things I forgot last week. Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all.
    Mother Nature did it again, but I guess I should be very thankful this time as it appears she does like me after all. Last night there was at least one tornado on the ground about a 30 minute drive north of us, lots of golf ball and baseball size hail stones did thousands of dollars in damage to cars and homes. South of us was a lot of rain but we sat in the middle dry as a bone.
    A little chilly and breezy this morning but the sun is shining and not a cloud in the sky.

Netty likes this.
  6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toni, I'm so glad to hear you escaped unscathed! When I saw the reports of the storm and its damage I immediately thought of you. If you hadn't posted you were going to get a frantic private message!
    I planted the bell peppers this morning and then filled two containers with potting soil. I'll do some herbs later, and then pick lettuce.
    We will supposedly have a clear and warm day. I hope so--I've got gardening to do!

7. toni

Thanks Jane, got more weather coming tomorrow night into Wednesday morning....but that's March in my neck of the woods.

8. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 2°C and overcast. I just dropped Sargent off at the vets to be neutered. Now I'm home and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself!
    Too wet out to work in the garden, so I guess it's indoor chores again. I should really get to cleaning these windows, so maybe I'll start them. I might get a lot done without the distraction of the dog! Have a great day all :)

9. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good morning! It's overcast (again) but I got the potato patch weeded and potted up more herbs. My darlin' husband talked to the hens, then mowed some grass to throw in the outside coop. I don't know what they do with the grass--they can't eat it all--but it disappears and needs to be renewed.
    Netty, wish all dog owners were as responsible as you are. Sargent will live a longer and healthier life being neutered. It not only helps your dog, but neutering keeps the population of unwanted puppies down.

10. SylvieB

SylvieB New Seed

Hey, everyone! It's a beautiful day here, 57 and sunny! I was even out on the deck just now enjoying my lunch without a jacket on! lol After the past few months of a cold, long winter, it's downright balmy out there. No sure what I'll do with myself when it hits 60 :p.

I also refilled the bird feeders while I was out. Also watered my seedlings - the Morning Glories have to be over 6" tall now!

11. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -3°C and overcast. I picked up Sargent from the vet yesterday afternoon, and he is wearing the cone of shame. He had trouble at first, trying to move around the house, but he is now slowly maneuvering around without getting stuck. I couldn't take him for his full walk today either, and he can't play. It's going to be a long day with him! He has to wear the cone for a week, and I have to keep my eye on his stitches. It will be nice when everything is back to normal! Have a great day all :)

12. toni

Good morning all. Ahhh, poor Sargent, the cone of shame...bet he knows how to make you feel sorry for him in order to get more treats.:scheming:
    We got some rain last night, another .31 of an inch. And again areas south and north of us got hammered!
    But I will take today off from working in the garden, I can barely stand up straight so I shall read today, haven't had my reading day in weeks and the stack of unread books next to my chair is getting taller and taller.

13. toni

Good morning all. Night before last we missed another round of rain/hail/high winds and tornadoes...again it was all north and south of us. This time very much closer to the north though.
    Today is starting out at 55 deg and going up into the mid-70s which is what March is supposed to be but hasn't been this year.

I did spend yesterday reading, maybe finish that book this afternoon after playing in the garden this morning.

14. SylvieB

SylvieB New Seed

Morning, all! Foggy and cool this morning but it's supposed to warm up a bit once the sun comes out. Very good driving weather, which I'll be doing later today after work when I drive to the cities.

Mid-70s sounds just about perfect to me, Toni! Enjoy your book and time spent in your garden :).

15. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 2°C and raining. We also had some snow overnight but the rain should melt that.
    Off this morning to do some errands, and then go help set up for the potluck lunch at the skating club tomorrow.
    I also have all the plaques for the awards ceremony, so will get those attached.
    Our local paper came yesterday, and my daughter's picture was on the front cover! Proud Mom moment :setf_016:
    Have a great day all :)

Chrisle likes this.