The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently 9°C and overcast.
    Yesterday turned out to be 26°C before we got a thunderstorm. I worked in pants and a sweatshirt all day and was roasting! I was SO tired by the end of the day and went to bed at 7:30.
    Woke up with a headache so it may be a long day for me again. Have a great day all :)

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Geez, the humidity is 78% with the temp at 72 (22C) It is so humid outside you can see the moisture in the air and it isn't pretty like a gentle mist on a cool autumn morning....this is slap you in the face with a hot towel moisture. Think I will stay in for a while longer.

3. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 5°C and sunny. A cooler day today, and I've already been for a long dog walk.
    I had hoped to get started on my veggie garden today, but I think I have too much other stuff to do first.
    I also promised to take my daughter and a friend to an Ice Show today. It should be a great day!

4. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Netty if your daughter makes it to the olympics please let me know... that I would buy a TV and watch... she must rally love the ice. we never had any rinks around here when I was a kid and even if we had I would have never been able to go. no ride no money for "that". horses and dogs consumed my dad... but not us kids.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

haha Ok Carolyn, not sure she'll ever be an Olympian but she sure does love the ice! But for yesterdays ice show, we were only spectators.
    Currently 3°C and raining. It should be an all day rain event, which will allow me to get the housework done.
    Have a great day all :)

carolyn likes this.
  6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I wish it to be a good day for all--Texas had severe weather yesterday, and I'm worried about Toni, Mart, and other Texas members, as well as those in the midwest. Three tornadoes hit about 60 miles east of Dallas, there is widespread flooding in East Texas, and the high winds have done damage here and there. Governors in Arkansas, Missouri, and a few other states have declared states of emergency. Wyoming received 33 inches of snow in one area.
    We were extremely fortunate in that we only got one downpour, and had high winds all day long. We dodged that bullet. Husband says we were avoided because we had battened our hatches, prepared for the worst, and I had thawed a casserole that we could heat on the wood stove. Who knew being prepared could avert bad weather?

carolyn likes this.
  7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

yes, all day rain. it poured here all day yesterday. Friday We got a call to fix an emergency water main break for the city... it started raining at 4:00... just as we finished the garden... the men worked in the rain with while practically emptying a water tower through the hole in the pipe..andfinished fixing the pipe at about 11:00pm (how can I ever tell you how wet they were?!?!?!?!?!?!? oyvey WET) it stopped for a few hours overnight and then rained until about 4:00 yesterday afternoon. I worked in the high tunnel all evening)

8. toni

We were watching our youngest grandson in a play last night while all that weather was happening....needless to say it didn't happen here. We got just .04 of an inch of rain but the cold front dropped the temps down from 92 when we entered to theater to only 59 when we left a little over 2 hours later. No bad stuff here and barely any rain.

9. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 6°C and overcast. It's not raining right now, which was nice for my dogwalk in the dark, but it is supposed to be another all day rain event.
    With any luck I can have an early work day and get some errands done. Been picking asparagus from the garden so I will have to venture out there later and see if there is any more to pick. Have a great day all :)

10. SylvieB

SylvieB New Seed

Morning, everyone! I'm finally coming up for air after my move a week ago today. I'm getting settled in the new house and am loving it. The weather has been very up and down though so my little flowers have been sitting inside on the kitchen table waiting for sustained warmth. It's currently raining/snowing out now but word is the rest of the week will be in the 60's at least so I can't wait! I bought a couple nice pots and pixie lilies over the weekend and they'll go out on the front porch. I'll post photos once I get everything set up. I hope everyone has a great week! :D

Frank likes this.
  11. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

SylvieB, happy new home :setc_083:! I'm looking forward to seeing your pots on the front porch, and your other gardens.

Today was sunny although pretty cool this morning with temps in the low 50's. I planted the last of the tomatoes, harvested turnips and carrots and sugar peas, and now I need to stretch the ropes in the barn to hang the onion bunches. We'll be harvesting some of the onions tomorrow. We hang them in the barn until they dry sufficiently, then put them in mesh bags. I smell pretty "onionish" after harvesting and hanging!

12. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 13°C and cloudy. We had an all day rain event yesterday, and the ground is saturated. I asked for some indoor work yesterday, and got some real good jobs to do, but I hope to be back out in the gardens today. There is still so much spring cleanup to do! Have a great day all :)

13. toni

Good morning all.
    The most recent count is there were 6 tornadoes about an hour east of us Saturday night all pretty much concentrated in one long very narrow part of the area. One cut a path up to 1 mile wide and 51 miles long. All together they killed 4 people and destroyed hundreds of homes and businesses.

14. Netty

Oh my goodness Toni! My thoughts are with the families of all those affected by the tornados
    Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 4°C and windy. Looks like it has finally stopped raining. The lawn has a lake on it and there is widespread flooding.
    Sun today, but the rain returns tomorrow, and weatherman used the 'S' word for later in the week (yes, SNOW!)
    Mother Nature must be very angry.

15. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

water laying everywhere here, too. nice today and rain again lots of rain for Thursdays fore cast. and ch ch chilly all of the rest of the week. a bit of sunshine makes it better though, always. (rained already once here today)....lots of greenhouse work to get to today.