The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently 7°C and raining. Thanks to this wet weather, I have an unexpected long weekend!
    Did something weird to my leg yesterday, so I am hobbling around today. I think a trip to my chiropractor is in order ... hope she can see me today.
    Have a great day all.

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Netty, hope you get your leg back to normal soon.
    Mother Nature is in a real P**** mood down here too....tornadoes slithering around east of us, rain to our south and here my garden sits not getting drop and I am out watering everything. And the temps have been from 60s one day to 90s the next.

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Oh Netty, heal soon and heal well!
    We have sunshine and wind. I managed to water the vegetable gardens, but it wasn't easy. When the water from the watering can is going horizontal, one has to judge the angle carefully!
    Toni, I know what you mean about the varying temperatures. Last week our low was 52 degrees, and the high, 91. Our plants (as are we) are so confused :smt100!

4. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 4°C and raining. We are on day 3 of rain now, and everything is completely saturated. I have a good acre of water at the front of the property. The sump pump is coming on every 56 seconds. 2 more days of light rain ahead, it's not going to be pretty. Last year we had the driest year in 50 years, this one will be be wettest.
    My leg feels better today ... it felt like it was out of it's socket and so I did some exercises to re-align my spine and it popped back into place.Instant relief!
    Not much we can do outside today, so indoor projects it will have to be.
    Have a great day all :)

carolyn likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Odif

Odif Young Pine

Good morning all, not a cloud in the sky today, yay, see you all later.

Frank likes this.
  6. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently just 2°C and overcast. I thought the rain had finally ended, but it started to spit when I was on my dog walk. No chance of doing any gardening today so I guess indoor work it is! Have a great day all :)

7. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 0°C and clear. There is a big beautiful full moon this morning, and because of this and the temperature there is frost.
    The rain finally stopped yesterday afternoon, and the red sky was absolutely gorgeous at sunset last night!
    Off to work, hope all the rain didn't wash away all the gardens.

8. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 2°C and cloudy. We finally had a day with no rain yesterday, and so things can finally start to dry up. Weeds were pulling out fabulously from the wet soil! Off to work for another day of edging, transplanting and weed pulling. Have a great day all :)

9. toni

Good morning all. Shoot my internal alarm clock didn't go off on time this morning and it is almost too late to get much done outside....besides I could swear that the weatherman last night said today would be overcast but that didn't happen.
    Growing a Greener World is about to come on, so I'll watch that, finish my coffee and then wander outside to see if life is sustainable out there.

10. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 4°C and clear. I'm very tired this morning, but it's off to work I go.
    Lost my voice yesterday, so it's going to be a quiet day haha

11. toni

Good morning all. I think I over did it in the garden the last few days, parts of my body are hurting that don't usually hurt. at least not this much, after being out there. So I will clean my craft room today so eventually I can get some sewing done.

Robin H likes this.
  12. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Went into town for my weekly trip, and stopped by the hair salon to leave off eggs, potatoes, turnips, and lettuce for the stylists and two dear friends who have standing appointments on Thursdays. I got caught up on all the local gossip and saw pictures of a stylist's daughter's wedding. Wish my wedding had been that grand!
    Triip to the grocery and to the feed store, then home. This afternoon will be making pirogis (a meat/potato/onion stuffed hand pie). They are fun, and delicious, but take a long time to make!

Robin H likes this.
  13. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We were up and out early as we belong to a Writer's Group at our local Senior Center. There are 12 people and a "teacher." We each write a story and then read it to the group. Only positive comments are allowed. Brian and I have experience at writing so everyone liked our stories. It's biographical so I wrote about starting school when I was five years old. It was at a country school with only 9 kids in eight grades. Only one teacher. Some grades didn't have any. First grade had two because I started early so there would be two kids in the first grade. Stopped and bought some rosemary to plant in a big pot and also a basil plant. I have some pots a little bigger but think I need to buy a couple larger ones when we go shopping next time. dooley

Robin H likes this.
  14. Robin H

Robin H New Seed

Marlingardener, I too overdid it yesterday! I started my larger garden with a an experimental row of potatoes, as the colorful, organic ones I had purchased sprouted, and I was eager to put SOMETHING in the ground. I was cheap with space, and sort of constructed different ways to pen in the plants among the others I was planning. Many of the leaves had turned yellowish and looked terrible, but I kept them to lure bugs away from the tomatoes, etc. By yesterday, I was annoyed and plucked up a plant. There were two tiny potatoes, so I thought the whole experiment was a dud (spud dud? - oh no!) I kept going, though, and forked out a lot of delicious-looking new potatoes. I couldn't stop, and have a blister on my right hand as evidence of my garden insanity! It will be totally worth it!! It had to have been only two months. Imagine what's going to happen when I am more able to restrain myself and plant-plan better.

Dooley, do you ever share your stories outside of the writer's group?

And, marlin, how rewarding of you to share your wares. Sounds as if you've got a good thing going. ;)

Oops, the overdoing it comment should have been directed at Toni. Yeah, I need to hit the hay. It's just been rather exciting to read y'all's garden stories. I'm going to be away from my plants for two days, and, even though I am going to see my kid, it's almost as if I'm leaving a kid behind.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2017
  15. Netty

Good Friday morning all, and TGIF!! I am SO tired today ... alarm went off and I thought NOOOO! At least its Friday and I'll be able to sleep in a little today.
    Busy day ahead, and some grass to cut when I get home. Have a great day all :)