The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good morning! We got 6/10s of an inch of rain last night, and it's still drizzling. The rain is beginning to look like an all day affair. Since outside is not in the plan, I'm baking French bread and making cinnamon rolls. A day in the kitchen is fun, especially if you don't have to feel guilty about not being out weeding, pruning, etc.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 15°C and cloudy. The house was quiet last night ... my daughter has gone for a sleepover at a friends house. The dog seems very concerned, and so I'm sure daughter will get some extra dog love when she returns around lunch time today. I'm off to work, into the same old rut. I love my job, but I'm just worn out!
    Have a great day all :)

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Opened the front door and my first thought was "Wow, I wonder when the rain will start?" Very heavily overcast, then I looked at the local radar and there is nothing there and even the clouds will clear up in about an hour. I really hope the high humidity (85%) goes with the clouds but I doubt it. But at least the sun will be shinning brightly, bringing us some of it's amazing heat.....around 100 for the next several days.:(

4. Netty

I don't know how you stand the constant heat TonI!
    Good morning all. Currently 14°C and cloudy.
    My alarm woke me up with a startle this morning! A little tired, but I'm off to work.
    Counting down the days until the weekend :)

Advertisement
  5. toni

Good morning all. Temps should stay between 91 and 97 all this week but the forecast is for even higher temps starting next week.
    Netty, we have central air conditioning and window units in each bedroom so it doesn't have to run so much. Our central unit is larger than is needed for this size house so when I really want to forget about the heat outside I crank it down and wait for the icicles to form on Randy's eyelashes. Other than that I do not go outside without a court order between June 1st and Halloween.

6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Picked the last of the Celebrity tomatoes this morning. It's time to cut the plants back and hopefully get a small crop in the fall. The Romas are still going gang-busters, though!
    We have a nice breeze going, which makes working outside a bit more bearable. It's not so terribly hot, but we have 85% humidity and that makes you feel pretty warm and damp.
    It's overcast, and that, combined with the breeze, is making shredding the pasture fairly comfortable for my husband. As a neighbor once told her husband, "Well, I don't know what you're complaining about--you're just sitting down!" She ought to have tried bouncing around the field towing a shredder!

7. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 14°C and cloudy. Small chance of rain today, I hope we get some.
    Its already Thursday, and I couldn't be happier...just 2 more work days to make through. Busy days make for very quick days!

8. Netty

Good Friday morning all, and TGIF! It was hard dragging myself out of bed this morning.
    I was working in the veggie garden at work yesterday, and an employee from another department came into the garden to deliver a message. While in the enclosure with me, he mentioned that this was the first time he has ever been in a veggie garden! I couldn't believe my ears, he was almost 30 years old and had never seen vegetables growing!! I gave him a quick tour and he asked lots of questions and he was rather intrigued with the garden. It was a good day :)
    Today, a lot of watering and deadheading of Hostas and daylilys. Have a great day all!

9. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 14°C and overcast. We had some rain overnight (YAY!!)
    2 rabbits in the yard this morning GRRR Not even the dog being here makes them move on. I'm at a loss as to how to get rid of them.
    Up bright and early to help the local soccer club with a tournament today. I hope the rain holds off.

10. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 14°C and sunny. Lots of housework to do today, and then out to the gardens. There is lots of weeding to do, and lots to deadhead, including the Hosta's and Daylilys. It's going to be a busy day - what happened to Sunday being a day of rest?

Frank likes this.
  11. toni

Good morning all. We got RAIN last night, it started not long after we got back home from spending the day with Randy's family and by this morning there was 1.15 inches in the gauge. Sprinkling again this morning too. This is August....we almost never get rain in August....August is the month where everything and everyone is wilting from heat and lack of rain and when I step outside the infamous line from the wicked witch in Wizard of Oz comes to mind "I'm meltiiinnng"

Frank likes this.
  12. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toni, I'm so glad you got such welcome, and much needed rain!
    We have overcast skies, 95 degree heat, and 60% humidity. No rain in our forecast for the coming week. I'm watering the tomatoes and peppers, hubby is watering the apple and pear trees, the fans are on in the coops, and otherwise we are hiding inside and keeping cool under the AC.

Frank likes this.
  13. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 13°C and cloudy. I'm wondering how it can already be MONDAY!
    Up and ready for work, as ready as I can be for a Monday following a very busy weekend. Didnt even get to half of the work I wanted done yesterday sigh
    It's going to be a long day.
    Have a good one all :)

14. toni

Good morning all and it is a GOOD one.....we got more rain last night :eek:. Another 1.24 in the rain gauge and it is still dripping a little bit. On the way over to let the neighbors dog out for his morning wander thru the back yard, eat, drink and wellllll, you know. But I have a feeling the outdoor stay will be a short one, he does not like rain.

Frank likes this.
  15. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 14°C and cloudy. There is a chance of rain today, we really need some.
    I had a horrible night sleep last night, and I am feeling tired today. Another long day ahead!
    I do have a chiropractic appointment today, and so I get to pamper myself a little bit at least.