The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Clay_22 .. I agree with you Spring is exciting to watch the gardens wake from the winters deep long sleep. It’s really quite magical.

Sjoerd and Oreti like this.
  2. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

I went around the house with the power drill, looking for things that needed drilling.

The hole cutting attachment came, so I measured multiple times, then drilled a hole in the sewing table / desk, in the apron on the side, near the back. Then I installed the power grommet. That worked out, so I repeated the process on the other side.

IMG_6558.jpeg

Now, no more reaching behind and under and around the table to plug and unplug stuff. The built-in USB charger is handy these days too.

Other than that, there was Sunday's wordle and crossword.

3. Oreti

Oreti Seedling

Good morning everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend.:)

Couldn't agree more @Clay_22.....it's my fave season too.:D.

We have a day of strong winds ..yet again today but at least it's a mostly dry day.:fingerscrossed:

We're off to visit another nursing / care home this morning, but hope to get a bit of gardening time in at some point today

Enjoy your day.:stew1:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
  4. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

The sun was shining today on our town day. We woke to -6 C and spectacular views on the drive to town of my friends irrigation system on their hay fields. About a thousand acres with icicles only on the irrigation wheels and ground around the irrigation. There were deer grazing right beside it and in the pasture behind it many wee black Angus calves. And behind all of that a back drop of giant snow covered mountains. We stopped and enjoyed it for a bit. I should pack my camera :)

We are expecting - 10 tonight, and then more spring like weather. Tomorrow will be a fire wood retrieval day with the tractor and trailer. Then potting up all of the Toms and starting sweet peas. I'm more excited for the potting up :)

Netty, Sjoerd, Oreti and 1 other person like this.

Advertisement
  5. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

It sounds wonderful!

Sometimes I wonder if the camera gets in the way of experiencing and living in the moment. I don't know.

Sjoerd, Melody Mc. and Pacnorwest like this.
  6. Oreti

Oreti Seedling

Good morning everyone, how are you all?

Good and bad news about my brother 's situation.
    The good is that we have secured him a place in the lovely care/nursing home that is literally just up the end of our lane..10 min walk away!!:smt026:sete_056:

The bad news is he's now even more confused as he had to be moved to an isolation ward because he's caught Covid for the 3rd time!! How...I have no idea.:shrug: He never goes anywhere.. twice now he's gone down with it at his assisted living home and now after being in hospital for a month! Being so disabled and vulnerable with low immunity he's also listed to have received additional booster vaccinations too.
    He's feeling quite rough at the moment , poor guy :smt022.... So unlucky!!!

On a brighter note, a friend and I are great cinema visitors but for the last month nothing much has been released that has caught our interest ,our last movie outing was back in early March to see the wonderful Bob Marley's story One Love. Today on another musical theme we're off the see Back To Black based on Amy Winehouse......yet another great young talent taken from us way too early.

Have a great day. :)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
    Pacnorwest, Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.
  7. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

That's fantastic! No wonder you are dancing!
    I hope gets better from the COVID soon. As Rosanne Rosannadanna would say, if it's not one thing, it's another!

Not making light of it. It does feel that way.

Our household is going through our annual wildfire disk mitigation phase. It's too much, to do it all at once. Over the past few years, we've done quite a lot. I walked around the house to identify opportunities to do better. I'm less sentimental about some of the plants there, so even more of the 5 foot defensible zone will be clear. Actually, because of the patio, front walk, and driveway, most of the defensible zone is ten or fifteen feet, but some is still not adequate. Plus, I'll get some screening to prevent embers from flying under the deck.

@Oreti, I'm planning to see Civil War. I don't know if it will be exciting too scary to handle.

Sjoerd, Melody Mc. and Oreti like this.
  8. Oreti

Oreti Seedling

Good morning everyone.

That looks like an action packed movie @Daniel W , probably too much action for me to cope with I think.

Back To Black was very moving, so very sad that all the glitz and intrusion of fame and fortune often leads to lives of these very talented artists being lost.

Busy day preparing for our son and partner to arrive, she is staying until Sunday but he is with us until mid week, really looking forward to seeing them both.:D:wobble::sete_056:

Sjoerd, Melody Mc. and Daniel W like this.
  9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently 9°C and raining. Its been raining a good part of the week and I'm just about over it. But at least it allowed me to start my weekend early!
    It was a busy week, and I am more than ready for a weekend, but it looks like rain again tomorrow with colder temperatures. Hoping to get my tomaotes up potted and out to the greenhouse on Sunday. Next week looks sunny.
    Today, I'm going to catch up on some housework.
    Have a great day all :)

10. Oreti

Oreti Seedling

Good morning...the weekend is here!:smt041:smt026

Looking forward to just chilling and catching up on all the news with our eldest and his girlfriend.

Have a relaxing one too everyone.:smt045

Sjoerd, Pacnorwest and Daniel W like this.
  11. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 4°C and, you guessed it, raining. I guess its a good day to get all the nitty gritty cleaning done, because after today we will have a 5 day stretch of sunshine and I'll want to be outside! So much to do outside, still so many gardens need cleaning out. I'm hoping to get a lot of perennials divided as well.
    Have a great day all :)

Melody Mc., Oreti, Sjoerd and 2 others like this.
  12. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Ah, it's Saturday and misting lightly. I'll up-pot two thymes, English and German. I'll have to look up German thyme again, since I've forgotten if its growing requirements are the same as lemon and English. Yes, I do have a lot of thyme on my hands!

Netty, Melody Mc., Oreti and 3 others like this.
  13. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

Happy Palindrome day! 4 20 2024 which is the same, backwards or forwards.

Unless you are in Europe. Or other places. Then happy day anyway.:like:

14. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

I will step on no pets … a phrase to celebrate palindrome day. Very interesting and fun day .

Frank, Daniel W, Melody Mc. and 2 others like this.
  15. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Happy Saturday. :) The big cold is gone at night now and it is only - 2 during the evening.....which means I can finally start to remove last summers spent leaves etc. Everything mostly goes from green to snow on top here in the fall, so I never get to really clean up any plants before winter. I'm very excited to be outside - it's been making me a bit bonkers to see all of the dead stuff.

We are still not green, but I see whispers of grass trying to turn green in the pasture. Today will be another fun job :) Oil change, and grease job on the lawn tractor, plus some much needed repairs on the collector. Then a mow of the thatch . We leave the grass longish in the fall so that we have less winter kill on the grass. This will improve the fire risk, and allow the grass to come up sooner...also very exciting. :)

Have a wonderful day!