The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -6°C and sunny. Snow is disappearing ever so slowly, but rain in the forecast and a day with 10°C and sunshine, I expect it should be gone by Monday. Off to the fracture clinic with my son today. I must remember to pack my patience. Have a great day all :)

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. Warm start to the day with temps in the low 70s. Don't think it'll get too much warmer since its overcast and there's good chances for rain all day, but especially this evening. I managed to get the majority of the mowing done yesterday before it started to sprinkle. The rest will just have to be done on Saturday if it's not still too wet.

3. Carol Ann

Carol Ann New Seed

Good Morning from Canada. Beautiful day and sunny.

Expecting company after noon.

You all have a nice day.

Remember any time we turn green with envy we are ripe in trouble.

So let us keep a heart of peace. True to each other.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Well there were three loud claps of thunder, roughly 5 minutes of heavy sprinkles and then the rain moved off to Oklahoma. Now the sun is trying to push away the clouds :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 0°C and overcast. Weatherman calls for heavy rain later this afternoon, that should take care of the snow. There is a lot of snow mold where the grass is showing, so hopefully I can get it raked out soon. Off to do my errands and shopping. Have a great day all :)

6. Carol Ann

Carol Ann New Seed

Good morning everyone. It is to rain today . What is everyone's plans to-day seeing it is Friday?

I am going to see a neighbor who is going
    to be 80 years old. She is real spry. Her and sisters drove to Florida two weeks ago. She said she was doing the most driving. I have driven with her. She is very alert driver.

I bought her some sweets box of Chocolates, a cute card and taking some cookies as we always have tea. Seen these pretty Easter cookies with icing of pink and yellow. So that is my afternoon. You all have a productive day. Be safe.

7. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. A rain storm blew through early this morning leaving me with just under 1/2 inch of rain. It's also cooler with temps in the low 60s. But it's going to clear out and bring temps nearing 80F again. Looks like the weekend might be a total rain out. Dang... and I still have so much do to. :'(

8. toni

Good morning all. Two songs come to mind this morning....Oh What A Night and What a Difference a Day Makes.
    Last night was a typical Spring event, but in recent years seldom occurring, night of hail, high winds, heavy rain 4-6 inches, flash floods and tornadoes....all about 30 miles north of me.
    Then a cold front moved through around midnight, pushing the bad weather out of the state and this morning the temperature was 46 with a predicted high of only 68 instead of the 84 it climbed to yesterday afternoon.

And as usual, even with all the rain moving north just 10 miles west of me my garden got maybe 5 minutes of sprinkles. Didn't want the bad stuff but a couple of those inches on my garden would have been a good thing.
    But at least our temps for the next few days will be more normal...60-70 deg range.

9. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! sunny here with blue skies but still very windy and cooler than normal. I have a sweatshirt on this morning. Bought some cookbooks at a yard sale so I can stay inside and find something Good to cook this afternoon. Well, maybe! Have a good day!

dooley

10. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -3°C and snowing, with strong NW winds. I'm not too worried about accumulation and we had rain all night. Tomorrow is going to be a stellar day, with sunshine and a high of 10°C. Off to the College open house with my son this morning. Have a great day all :)

11. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Good morning. Yesterday I put the water with hoppers in with the chickens so i don't have to get out there so early. Normally we dump out the bowls very late in the evening so they don't freeze and get out there at first light to give them fresh.

It has been a long Winter. Glad we are having more Spring like weather now.

12. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. Lots cooler today with temps in the mid50s to low70s. Good chance of rain later on and mostly all day tomorrow. So... I'd better get out there and get the rest of the mowing and edging done and pull weeds.

13. toni

Good morning all, chilly and overcast so far today and the radar shows some wonderful rain heading this way...I hope I didn't just jinx it :eek:

Not much planned for today but we do need to get some replacement fencing for the back yard so I guess a trip to Lowe's is on the agenda. And of course they have a large garden center that we have to walk through to get to the fencing and we will be pushing a basket so there's no telling what might jump into the basket begging to come home with us. ;)

14. Carol Ann

Carol Ann New Seed

Good Sundays all. Nice day here and snow is melting.

You all have a nice day.

15. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -6°C and sunny. It is going to warm up to 10°C today! Housework this morning, raking the yard this afternoon. Well, raking the parts that have no snow LOL Have a great day all :)