The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good evening! I let the day get away again. I worked out in the back yard in the morning and did some sewing in the afternoon. Now, I need to go find something for supper. I think grilled cheese sandwiches.

dooley

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently 1°C. There is something strange up in the sky today ... I think I remember what it is ... the SUN! We have just had a week of rain and overcast skies, so nice to see the sun shining. Off to work where spring clean up continues. Have a great day all :)

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday morning! Still sunny and with great temps ranging from mid50s to upper 80s.
    Got most of weeding done over the weekend, but I just ran out of steam by the end of the day, so I'll have to get that bed in the front yard cleaned this evening.

And oh yeah.... it's my 5th Stewversary!!! So happy I found this place and all you wonderful folks!

4. Netty

Happy Stew-versary Cherlyad! :D

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 2°C and sunny. Plants seem to be growing a bit better now they have had some sunshine. If the temperatures would just warm up a little it would be great! Off to work now, have a great day all :)

6. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Good morning GardenStew. I have a busy day today but I will have you in my palm with my phone most of the day. Especially when I wait for my car to get fixed. :D

So I will notify the police, have my little car parts with my appointment card for a exhaust shop and off I go with my very very extremely LOUD. It's a little girlie sports car, red and convertible so the police love to watch it. I almost never speed and always try to drive as correctly as I can but today I will be breaking the law for about 5 miles on all the back roads.

Then my beautiful hubby will pick me up and we will go out for a ride this afternoon.

7. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. YUCK... darn allergies got to me yesterday. Felt like crap when I got home, but at least got some stuff up-potted for the church's plant sale the first of August. Then I went inside and just sat there sneezing & blowing my nose.
    I still need to weed that front flower bed, so hopefully this evening.
    Same weather pattern for a few days... but chances of rain towards the end of the week.

8. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 3°C and overcast. The sun WAS shining when I walked the dog this morning! Off to work, I have a few Pansy's to plant today. Have a great day all :)

9. cherylad

Netty... stuck in a time warp there? :D

It's a happy WEDNESDAY morning here. :stew2:
    Temps from mid 60s to mid 80s and mostly sunny.
    We start our new summer hours this week. Every other week the office will be closed on Thursdays & Fridays... which means a 4-day weekend. Good for spending time in the garden... bad for the bank account.
    Well... maybe not so bad. I already was getting 3-day weekend, so this is just another 8 hours. I can easily make up this time by not taking long lunch breaks, aka shopping for plants, etc. :rolleyes:
    So one week... work 5 days, 2-day weekend; next week work 3 days, 4-day weekend. I'm starting to like the sound of this! :stew2:

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Becoming cloudy!!! Bye,bye you scorching ball of flaming gas. Might rain, might not, probably will but on someone else.
    We are still only in Stage 1 watering restrictions but since last weekend the National Weather Service upgraded our drought conditions from Severe to Extreme it probably won't be long before that changes.

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Toni, which do you think is worse. We live on a road that is a mixture of gravel and dirt and red clay. When it's dry a big cloud of dust follows vehicles down the road. It obliterates houses and anything along the road. When it rains and is wet it's muddy ruts and muddy tires and muddy trucks. Mud, mud, mud, mud, or dust, dust, dust, dust. The dust aggravates allergies, I'm sure. Mud doesn't do that. But rain makes things grow without watering them. Which is better, mud or dust?

dooley

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

At least you get the chance to have both. I would love to have the chance to squish through mud. But 1/4th to 3/4ths inch of rain a month doesn't create mud.

My favorite song by Kansas is 'Dust in the Wind'
    We have had so much dust the last 3 years I don't think I would know what to do without the ability to leave notes on the furniture....it's saved us a fortune in note paper. ;)

13. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 8°C and cloudy. Boy, this week is flying by! Off to work, then an appointment with my chiropractor and then some shopping. Before I know it, it will be friday! Have a great day all :)

14. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 11°C and overcast. We had thunderstorms overnight, but not a whole lot of rain. I've been busy thinning out my garden ... some of the perennials are getting way too big! Oh, and I saw my first Hummingbird at one of my feeders yesterday! TGIF and it's PAYDAY :) Have a great day all!

15. cherylad

Happy Friday morning! It is Friday, right? This new work schedule has me confused. But I guess I'll get used to these 4-day weekends. :-D
    Yesterday I decided to not stay at home, so I visited my aunt/godmother at the rehab center where she's recuperating from surgery. Then off with my sis-in-law for an afternoon of plant shopping. The forecast had called for rain, but we only felt a few sprinkles. Here at home, we got about 1/4th inch of rain.
    Today would have been a perfect day to sleep in since it's overcast. But no. I was wide awake at my usual get-up-and-go-to-work time. It's a little muggy with temps already in the mid70s and we still have those chances of rain throughout the day. After a few quick errands this morning, I hope to get my newly acquired plants in the ground. And then it would be okay with me for those rains to come. If not, looks like I'll be watering tomorrow.