The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. Temps still from mid 70s- to mid 90s with slight chances of afternoon thundershowers.
    I got the back watered pretty good yesterday evening... now to get to the front when I get home.
    The county master gardeners have a meeting tonight, so I'm going to stop in and invite them to the church's plant sale and hand out flyers. If I can buy plants at their sale... they can buy some from mine! :stew2:

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently 9°C and cloudy. Finally Friday!! I can't wait to get home and start my weekend! Off to start a busy day ... there is a wedding today so the gardens need to look perfect! Have a great day all :)

3. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. I'm ready for the weekend! No plans... just ready to stay home. I picked up a few new plants yesterday, so that'll be my first chore on Saturday before I start the mowing.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. We haven't hit 100 yet, but when it's 97, 98,99, it is just a matter of numbers, the heat is still the same. But the actual 100's and a 101 are supposed to arrive Sat, Sun and Monday. Whoa, next Thursday is predicted to be ONLY 84 with a chance of rain. Guess who will be outside pulling weeds and getting a few forlorn plants in the ground that day! And I need to move some of the Big A** Cosmos that came back this year and are closing up the front path.

But until next Thursday I will continue to hang around the computer or my craft table or start some gift knitting while watching a few movies or reading....all indoor activities where I can try to forget the heat and drought outside. :eek:

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 17°C and sunny. Had a lovely dog walk this morning and only saw 1 rabbit in the yard. But I could FEEL the others watching us pass by LOL I have never seen so many rabbits!! The entire area seems to be having the same problem ... I am noticing people putting up fences around their gardens where there has never been before. Rabbits scatter as you drive down the street! I blame it all on the folks who have been shooting the coyotes and foxes the past few years. I haven't seen a single one of those. I wish people would stop messing with Mother Nature and just let it balance itself out. I'm starting to feel like Elmer Fudd. Rant over. Now I'm heading outside to hunt rabbit. Have a great day all :)

6. toni

Oh, Netty, do I hear the Ride of the Valkyries in the background? Go get 'em girl.

Good afternoon all. 94 at present but they have dropped today's expected high down to 99....hear the sound of excitement in my voice?

7. Netty

:D haha Toni! I had to google " Ride of the Valkyries" to figure out what you meant! But that DOES sound like good rabbit chasing music! :sete_018:

8. toni

9. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We have a lot of rabbits, too. They eat under the bird feeders with the birds. We have squirrels, too since we live in a wooded area. There are no dogs that chase them now. The neighbors moved and left their dogs and they started killing chickens in the neighborhood so someone called and had them picked up. There are some little dogs next door but I haven't seen them running anywhere but on that property.
    It was hot and humid today so I stayed in and worked in the sewing room. Maybe some rain tomorrow. 30 percent chance.

dooley

10. Netty

Haha Toni, it's been a LONG time since I watched cartoons! Good Sunday morning all. Currently 20°C and drizzling. We needed some rain so I hope it continues for at least a few hours. I'm going on our towns Horticultural Society's Garden Tour today, it is run rain or shine. Overcast skies make for better garden photos and I am prepared to stroll the gardens in the rain. I picked the black currents yesterday, and a basket full of peas. I love this time of year! Have a great day all :)

11. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 12°C and clear. It is getting darker in the morning again, I could barely see anything on my dog walk this morning. Off to work, I know it was a busy weekend there so there could be lots of cleanup. Have a great day all :)

12. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. I didn't get a chance to check over the weekend because I headed straight out the door first thing to try to beat the heat. Didn't work! :D
    I just had to work wherever the shade was and take lots of breaks. I got the mowing all done, didn't get to the weed-eating/trimming. Thought I was finally going to get some rain yesterday, but all I got was dark clouds and strong winds. Good thing I spent two days giving everything a drink!

13. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 16°C and raining.It sure is dark this morning! Off to work, I guess watering has been removed from the list! Have a great day all :)

14. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Forecast has 50-60% percent chance of rain through the weekend. Will it come to my house???
    Only 2.5 weeks until the plant sale at the church. I counted up the stuff I have to contribute... 80 plants!! No wonder I'm sick of watering containers. :D

15. toni

Good morning all. Looks like we will have a respite from the 90-102 temps for a few days. I just wish the respite from rain would end. Another huge, rumbling, dark cloud passed over us yesterday afternoon....we got the thunder but the rain held off until it got well south of us.
    Temps should be back down into the 80's for a couple of days and there is a chance of rain. Rain or not I have plenty to do in the garden and only two days to do it before the 99+ temps return.