The Good Evening All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Polly, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Gardengirl

Gardengirl Young Pine

Good evening all.....well it's not really a good evening here...it is absolutely chucking down with rain. The sun came out for about 15 mins this afternoon and I managed to do a little more clearing up in the garden, but I think any gardening tomorrow will be completely out of the question :(

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Evening all. I've had quite a day. The Hydro went out at 1:46 am and was off all day. We had a terrible winter storm last night after a full day of torrential rain. Woke up to ice, snow and winds. Thank goodness we have a generator so we could keep the sump pump operating. We also put in a new woodstove just yesterday so we were able to keep the house warm. The power came back on about 5 pm, but the snow started again just after that. I hope we keep power tonight so I can get some sleep!

3. Netty

Good Sunday evening all.
    I was up bright and early this morning baking and cleaning house. This afternoon I had a house full of family and friends to help celebrate my daughters birthday. Now everyone has gone home and I've cleaned up and decided that I'm EXHAUSTED!
    It will be early to bed for me tonight :)

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It sounds as though this Sunday was much happier and better weather wise than last Sunday. I hope your daughter had a happy birthday and enjoyed her party with friends and family. dooley

Advertisement
  5. Netty

She did Dooley, Thank You!

6. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good evening all. We've had proper winter for a couple of days, and today the rain is back, which makes for a lot of weird situations on the road. I'm glad I've got a Subaru!

Temps are 5C/41F, we've got a storm blowing outside, predicted to increase with hurricane strength gusts. Best dig out the candles, the chocolate and a book.

Sorry to hear about the terrible weather you've had in southern Sweden, Frank. I hope you haven't been affected by it.

7. Netty

Good evening all.
    What a day! We had all day snow and then rain. I've spent hours shoveling all the snow before it freezes and have found muscles I didn't know existed. I'm sore and tired so it's off to bed for me!

8. Netty

Good evening all. I had a busy day, but I'm glad to report that my Christmas shopping is DONE!! Yippee!
    Oh yes, I also got a load of firewood put away. I am exhausted!

9. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good evening from Mequon Wisconsin (just to the north of Milwaukee). We drove down from Land O' Lakes today, a trip that I have driven so many times that, well many 100s of times. The trip usually takes about 4 ½ hours, give or take. To day it took 6 ½ hours. It was snowing as we left home, and as the trip progressed it snowed harder. At about the half way mark, the snow stopped, but it had done its damage. From about 15 miles north west of Green Bay, to about 15 miles south of Green Bay, I counted 46 cars in various different positions off the road and stuck in several feet of snow along both sides of the road. At least 5 of them were off their wheels. One car was completely upside down. All were single car accidents, none were involved with other cars. Where I normally drive between 65 and 75 miles per hour, today I was going between 35 and 50 miles per hour. In some areas it was glare ice. I have never driven that trip in such conditions. Needless to say, I'm very relieved to be here, and in one piece. I'm not looking forward to the trip back.

Tom

10. Gardengirl

Gardengirl Young Pine

Oh my Calomaar, that sounds an absolutely horrendous journey :eek: I do hope no-one was hurt in those accidents. So pleased you arrived in one piece and take care on the journey back home :stew1:

11. Netty

Bad weather sure can make a familiar trip very hard to deal with Calomaar. I'm glad you made it safely. Keeping my fingers crossed that your trip back will be smooth sailing.

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Terrible journey Tom, here's hoping for a safe trip back!

13. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Please be careful. It's better to arrive late than not to arrive at all.

Good evening, it's the big evening for us. We're just done with the main course and are waiting for desserts. Our youngest has already figured out how to find the almond and win the prize. She's going to eat all the rice cream and red sauce by herself. :D

We're starting to unwrap presents shortly, it's going to be a fun evening. :D

14. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Have fun Droopy! :D

15. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We are on our way to Studio Movie Grill...watch a movie and have dinner at the same time. Santa will making his rounds by the time we get home, maybe we will get to see him flying by :eek:

Hope everyone had a great celebration or will have a great celebration. See you all tomorrow.