The Good Evening All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Polly, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good evening all. Currently +9°C and raining. We have had fog and heavy rain almost all day. The piles of snow are disappearing quickly and the huge amounts of water are leading to flooding. Thank goodness I live on a hill! I hate to think what all this run off is doing to the lower lying areas.
    Weatherman calls for mild temperatures overnight and heavy rain followed by a flash freeze tomorrow afternoon and then snow and high winds. YUCK!

2. Netty

Good Evening all. I'm finally able to get online just now. We have had a whole day of gale force winds, some gusting up to 100 km/hour. We lost several shingles from the roof and anything that wasn't tied down is gone or damaged. Even my cedar trellis that was staked into the ground was blown over!! We were very lucky here as we didn't lose any trees or our power. Last I heard there were 300,000 people without power in southern Ontario. The wind is finally starting to lose strength now so hopefully I can get a good nights sleep. Tomorrow, the cleanup will begin.

3. Netty

Good evening all. Another wind storm last night with gusts up to 90 km/hour again. I'm getting really tired of this nasty weather and hope for a nicer day with some sunshine SOON! We lost a few more shingles from the roof last night so I'll have to fix that tomorrow.
    My high speed isn't working either so I'm here on my trusty dial-up connection.

4. Netty

Good evening all. I had a very busy day running errands and shopping. Then my dryer broke and now my high speed isn't working again. (Good thing I haven't canceled that dial-up yet!)
    I'm waiting for that 3rd thing to break and then I'll be able to relax a bit.
    I guess I should be happy about the dryer...I've wanted a new one for years and now I can finally get one!

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We have a clothes line. I guess you could say dr got a new dryer. But, we don't live where it's cold and clothes don't freeze to the clothes line here.
    We ran some errands today and bought some garden soil and mulch. We want to put plastic around a section of the porch to make a sort of cold frame/greenhouse to start some of those seeds. It was really nice today but the forecast says it will be windy and cold tomorrow with lows in 30's on Sat. night and Sun. night. Maybe I'll wait a few days to start them. I hope you don't have anything too serious for the third thing. I'm having Earthlink dialup here and I sure do miss my high speed. dooley

6. Netty

I have a clothes line too which I use faithfully spring thru fall. It's just not possible to use it in the winter with the cold temperatures we get.
    My high speed seems to be working fine now.

7. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Evening all. Well, another weekend draws to a close and it has been such a lazy one. With my finger still being sore, and with very little to do, we decided to take it really really easy. Anhhow, today we went to the inlaws for Sunday roast - lamb, then home and I helped the children with homework then James made a model airplane - a spitfire, whilst Jessica and I snuggled on the sofa watching TV. It is now nearly 11pm and the children are sound asleep and my bed is calling. It isn't frosty tonight, and rain is forecast tomorrow so I don't know if I will go to work or no. Sleep well stewbies.

8. cuatro-gatos

cuatro-gatos In Flower

Thought I would take a stab at the good night thread.
    The weather here in So. Calif. has been amazing even
    by our standards. Clear, warm (it's 80 degrees F out on the back patio right now - 4PM). We went to a "good-bye" pizza lunch for my sister who will be moving to Texas next week-end. I believe she will be going to the Irving area. Said bonvoyage to my
    niece who will be going to the presidential inauguration with her senior class. Also bonvoyage to my nephew who along with his wife will be visiting Malaysia to visit her family there.
    Hope this evening finds your troubles a bit smaller
    and your hopes and dreams a bit closer.

9. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good evening all. My, Tuesdays are busy! We've got 4C/39F and it's raining. Winds are gale force, but will be stronger tomorrow. All our lovely snow is disappearing fast. :(

I've had a horrible day, but a lovely evening. Truls is Mommy's best pony, he really did me proud during today's training. :D I guess one needs to ride to understand my elation at mastering side steps and having an obedient animal, finally! After five years. :D And the lovely arch to his neck, it made my eyes water.

Enjoy your evening, I'm going to fall asleep with a big grin on my face.

10. petunia

petunia Young Pine

dropping in late here. we have winds out right now. They say more snow on the way tonight and the next few days. GREAT! JUST WHAT WE NEED-MORE SNOW!

11. Droopy

Good evening all. I've been in and out all day. Temps are between 5C and 8C/41-46F, with sun and a slight breeze. I declare Spring officially open. Number of slugs squashed: 18. Number of lily beetles crushed: 1. But that one was one too many. And the blooms are coming too!

[​IMG]
    Crocus chrysanthus "Ladykiller" ( photo / image / picture from Droopy's Garden )

12. Netty

I wish I could declare spring officially open here Droopy! Your Crocus are gorgeous!

13. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good evening to one and all. Very strange weather we are having. Would you believe that an hour ago it started to snow lightly again? Unbelievable :rolleyes:

Current temps: 4 deg C / 39 deg F - Overcast

Enjoy the rest of your Thursday :)

14. Droopy

Evening all, I had to tell you we had 20C/68F today. *fainting* Tomorrow will be cooler, but it was ever so nice while it lasted. :D

15. Netty

20°C sounds lovely Droopy! I can't wait for one of those days :)