There are mushrooms in my garden !

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by Nicole Celeste, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Nicole Celeste

Nicole Celeste New Seed

There are a whole bunch of mushrooms growing in my garden! !! I pulled them all but how do I stop them from coming back ?!

2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Nicole, don't worry about the mushrooms. They generally appear when there is wood rotting below the soil surface, like old roots, old mulch, that sort of thing. They aren't detrimental to your veggies and flowers. They will disappear on their own in a few days.
    Just don't eat them!

Frank and Nicole Celeste like this.
  4. Nicole Celeste

Nicole Celeste New Seed

Oh so I didn't even have to pull them ?! Good to know !

5. mart

mart Strong Ash

Its actually a sign that there is some good microbial activity going on. Lots of little critters breaking down stuff.

Frank and marlingardener like this.
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

If you could see the layout of the underground mycelial network of mushrooms you would be astounded. It can extensive and therefore there wouldn't be a hope of removing that completely. As my colleagues on here have said it probably does not represent a threat to your garden, but if you feel uncomfortable with the above-ground presence of the mushrooms; you can, of course always remove them. By doing this, you would at least limit the number of spores that would otherwise be spread by the mushrooms.