Thuja Occidentalis

Discussion in 'Trees, Shrubs and Roses' started by Georgia Girl Beth, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Georgia Girl Beth

Georgia Girl Beth Seedling

I have 3 Thuja Occidentalis trees that came from work. They get them every year from Pro Flowers I think, and this year I brought them home. I brought two home first, and now the third that I brought home looks better than the first two. It was in an office without sunlight and was not being watered properly, yet is so beautiful and green. The first two that I brought home were in my house at first. I moved them outside because I didn't really have the room for them and I thought they may need some sunlight. Now, I think the sunlight is too much for them, and they are turning brown. Is it just too hot here in Georgia for them? We have had some cool nights, but nothing drastic. Should I bring them inside when it gets cold? Should I just mist them rather than outright water them? They seem to turn a little more brown if they receive too much water. Is there any way to save them? I heard that they are not very good container plants and thought I should plant them, but I do not want to plant them here because we will hopefully be moving soon. Any help would be very appreciated.

2. Loading...