Today is a National Holiday here in the USA

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by fatbaldguy, Nov 24, 2016.

1. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

Thanksgiving it is called. We should be taking pause and giving thanks for that which we are gifted, or that which we have earned.

Family with which I am reunited after years of distance and indifference had parted us. A home that is paid for, food I don't have to worry about having enough of, and friends who look past my faults and warts, and still enjoy my company. These are just a few of the things for which I have taken pause to express a bit of gratitude.

Enjoy yourselves today, if you live in the USA. Those of you not here, take a moment and give thanks for something today.

Peace and health be yours for the foreseeable future.

FBG

marlingardener likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

What a lovely post FBG and one that makes me think how grateful I am to have the lifestyle I do and children who love me as much as I love them.

4. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving to you. That is a beautiful thing you wrote. I am thankful for having peace in my life with my dear husband. We are all alone in the autumn of our life and that, and I appreciate him being by my side....

I also am thankful for all my memories. They are so precious...

ALL MY FELLOW STUBIES....You are all great.....

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Happy Thanksgiving to all our US members, and to all others Thank You for being a Stewbie! :stew1::stew2:

Advertisement
  6. Raddang

Raddang In Flower

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all forum friends in the USA. Lovely thoughts FBG and a prompt for us all to count our blessings, and to send our thoughts to those who may not be so fortunate in their lives.

7. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

I am celebrating Thanksgiving with my California family. I don't go home till Saturday night. This is the first time in 20+ years that I am celebrating with this my oldest son and his family, because my other 4 kids live in Tennessee.

Thankful for all my fellow Stewbies who are always there when I need you, know so much, and are always so willing and gracious to share your knowledge and wisdom.. you guys rock!

Thankful for my daughter, who is stepping up and taking my place this year and hosting Thanksgiving dinner for her little family and her siblings and the few close friends who are typically invited.

Thankful that my son and his family were kind enough to include me in this amazing Hawaii vacation that we've just returned from.

Thankful that my entire family were so completely supportive of me being away and they, each in their own way made this vacation possible for me.

Particularly thankful that son #2, who has struggled with serious addiction issues most of his adult life, is solidly in recovery for the last couple of years now. 2 Thanksgivings ago he was homeless and I hadn't heard from him in a couple of month and didn't even know if he was still alive. I am extra thankful for that.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Chrisle likes this.
  8. carol palmer

carol palmer New Seed

Happy Thanksgiving to all the rocking members of this forum

9. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Happy Thanksgiving to all! :) :) :)