Using dried flowers, leaves, bark, tree branches to add to decor

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Crafts' started by Pacnorwest, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

E51C19A0-D26C-40FD-818D-73A72C3A5A80.jpeg B8ACF074-856A-4FC3-8170-76C3103F5F5F.jpeg I use a lot of different materials from the garden to make pictures , open wallhangings even dried and fresh floral arrangements grape vines for lighting and bark from the paper birch trees.
    Show us what you have used from your garden to add to your decor any time of year.[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
    Melody Mc., eileen and Sjoerd like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Cor blimey, Pac !
    Did you make all those things? What a talented person you are. I am in awe.
    Clever to use dried materials. I mean folks do that…I am aware of that, but their work does not look THIS good.
    Chapeau.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I agree I've never seen such beautiful work. :smt023

Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  5. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

Those are all amazing! Beautiful art work!

One reason I want to grow breadseed poppies is for the dried pods. But fear of arrest prevents me from doing that.

Advertisement
  6. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Sjoerd, Daniel and Eileen.. thank you it’s so nice to hear all the compliments from my piers. You all are so talented in so many other fine arts as well as terrific gardeners, chefs and friendly kind personalities . This is my first time posting anything I made . The light is from my grape vines pared with fairy lights. There are lots of materials in the garden just up to your imagination.. Since you all have pushed my buttons ..I hope my nose doesn’t get out of joint.

Now let’s see what other Stewbies have made from the garden to post.. lot’s of florals posing in vases? or fencing?
    or arches? ….. who hasn’t collected seeds and made a pic with the leftovers?

Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.
  7. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

A couple more craft ideas made from plant materials. 4D4309EE-8A21-4F29-A416-764E6181F9CB.jpeg 0711357D-FDA2-4E5F-BC7B-1E30835B1F0B.jpeg

Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.
  8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Very special work you do, Pac. What a talent.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  9. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Sjoerd Thank you .. well at least this hobby keeps me out of trouble. Entries in fairs and flower shows. Some floral arrangements will post every year fun to enter competitions

Sjoerd likes this.
  10. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

These are so beautiful Pac. I really love the Birch wall hanging and the framed flowers. What are the purple flowers on the cake? They look familiar.

11. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Mel thank you, the purple flowers are liatris cut to the needed length for circumference of the cake. All live flowers in shallow water bowl.

Melody Mc. likes this.
  12. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

It is very pretty. The closest I ever got to using flowers was pansies on my Step - Mum's cake. My eyes are really opening to what is edible and safe.

13. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

There are so many edible flowers. This is not a edible cake it is a white vanilla candle feature to resemble a cake for an entry in a floral class division called ‘Cakes and Cookies . liatris is not eatable, but the rose and carnation petals are. Candle Wax not so much…:chuckle:
    Most of the art work seen above with floral media are for competitions in flower shows designed to mimick the division ‘Titles’ in floral and competitions. I was a horticultural/flower arrangement judge for many years for local and state competitions in Oregon and Washington. Took hort classes and flower arrangement classes to earn enough credits to make the grade for Judge. Each year judges had to enter competitions to maintain our judging credits by earning silly ribbons. That is the system for determining credits earned for judges.