weather report

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by i love bugs, Dec 7, 2005.

1. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

Its been a nice day here today in Ireland, we are in such a laid back mode here in this house its almost like hibernation. We have all taken an extra long holiday :) I think tomorrow is a day for the mountains and some hillwalking . have a nice new year, Bugs

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It was a beautiful morning here in sunny Arizona. But, this afternoon is dark and gloomy and windy. I believe that storm is moving if from California. It has rained heavily there and left some hillsides so soft it made mudslides. We need rain as we haven't had any for a couple of months. I watered all my little trees and bushes this afternoon. The wind makes it cold although the thermometer says 54 F. Have a Happy New Year. I may be stuck inside finishing my books. I have five of them home now. Dooley

3. i love bugs

8) hi im going to predict the weather tomorrow, cold in the morning and sunny in the pm.Any one like astronomy? I live in a little corner of our round planet ;) here in ireland we have clear skies tonight , Orion is very visable in the southwest ,when I see him ,it will be a good day tomorrow, goodnight, Bugs 8)

4. i love bugs

:D Lovely day today here in Dublin, Started off a bit frosty but cleared up nicely . Good gardening day , I found a lot of bulbs in the garden shed and though its way too late for planting , in they went anyway, daffodils, tulips, irises, alliums and crocuses. My father who was also a gardener taught me to always experiment. There is nothing magical in gardening so give it a try 8) Bugs

Advertisement
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Rainy and dull here in Galway, Ireland. Looks like the west is differing from the east today Bugs. Plenty of water for the soil anyhow.

6. dooley

It is a beautiful day here. I trimmed my apricot trees so we can walk around them now. The rose bushes will appreciate it too. The lower branches were hiding the bushes. For some reason when whoever planted the tree they put a rose bush in the same place. Each apricot tree has a rose bush. If you don't trim the bottom shoots every year you can't see the bushes. Dooley

7. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Well it's been frosty all day here today with freezing fog early this morning. Another, even harder, frost has set in now and it's even cold sitting here with the heating on full!!!!
    Roll on spring!!!!!

8. i love bugs

:rolleyes: Hey Eileen have you sent all that cold weather down from Scotland,
    :D today in Dublin its bitterly cold, big open fire on , and I m doing the menu for tomorrow ( little christmas) Turkey again ! I won it in a raffle at christmas. Lots of wine and cards . ;) regards Bugs

9. eileen

Well at least no-one can accuse me of not sharing now can they Bugs?!!!?!! :D :D

10. dooley

It was 70F here today. I was stuck indoors taking down Christmas. It's all done inside. I still have outside and hope to get that done tomorrow except I work at the library tomorrow. I have to change the bulletin board from Christmas to winter. I made beef vegetable soup and hot yeast rolls for supper. It's almost ready. Dooley

11. eileen

Love the sound of that soup and those rolls Dooley. Could do with them here to warm me up a bit. :D
    Must remember to get some veggies in and make a pot of Scotch broth for the week-end.
    The weather here has warmed up slightly but the ground is still frozen solid so that means no gardening yet awhile. :(

12. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Cold here as well, with some snow flurries blowing around. It did clear off for a while and we got some sunshine. That's the first sun I had seen in over 2 weeks. :smt119

13. eileen

SUN?!!!! What's that CK? :D :D

14. dooley

I know! I know! we are having lots of it. Dooley

15. i love bugs

Its lovely here in sunny Dublin , the wind was a little fresh but overall a nice day for walking. Although Dublin has 1,400,000 people my house is only 15 mins from the sea and 15 mins to the mountains. Today my son and I went for a nice walk to a nature reserve by the sea , very enjoyable.Still trying to get the hang of the new camera! someday soon!!!! Bugs