Welcome wreath

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Crafts' started by Droopy, Dec 7, 2007.

1. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Wreaths

Those are really well done..Wish you were next door ..
    We dont have that sort of live greenery here. They are really neat.

barb

2. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

Your a good teacher droopy, an the wreaths look great. They did a very nice job indeed!!

1:00 in the morning,,lol. I'm so confused up here sometimes that the middle of the day for me,,,lol. :D

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Thanks all! I'll tell them you liked their work. They will be mighty pleased!

Barb, haven't you got cypress? It's the same sort of greenery. I wanted lime-coloured thuya or cypress to mix with the dark green, but I guess I shall have to buy one and wait for it to grow.

4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

We have been busy here in between the skating contest. Here are two fotos of our x-mas "tree". One shot from inside and the other taken from outside.
    It isn't a tree at all of course, rather plastic covered wire stretched out in the form of a triangle with cross pieces...then all the lights, balls, cones, tinsel and the rest draped across the frame. From the street it looks a bit like a tree.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then for the front door my partner made a wreath. It's beginning to feel alot like christmas....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about that little yellow triangle . Heh heh heh. It has stayed stuck on there since a protest a couple of years ago.
    In the center of the door is a circular window with a white lace doiley-like thing. That sticker is stuck onto the glass of the "port hole".

p.s. Thanks Droopy

Advertisement
  5. Droopy

Your "tree" looks great, and the wreath is really lovely. I'm getting a serious attack of Christmas feeling here. Thank you for sharing, Sjoerd.

6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Ahhhhhhhh...thanks Droopy.
    So am I, I just wonder when my waistline will begin to show effects of all this christmas feeling. :)

7. Droopy

I'm pleased to inform you that I have stopped worrying about my waist line. I'm a granny. They are supposed to be soft and cuddly. :D I have to practice other granny-skills like baking, though, but I'm pretty good at the spoiling-part.

8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Heh heh heh....congratulations on the waistline bit.
    As for spoiling...welllll you spoil all of us here on the Stew, don't you---with all your advice, piccies and stories.
    Of course being a granny doesn't really say anything about age, does it. I once heard of a woman who was 33 and a grandmother. The implications are a bit staggering, though.

9. Biita

Sjoerd your tree looks great inside an out. very festive. Your partner did an amazing job also with her wreath, looks very at home right on the door there.

Your little yellow sign, look at it this way,, people will have to get up real close an then they can't help but see the wreath instead.

I swear if i eat one more waffle or have coffee an cake, i will qualify for great grandma waisteline,, lol. not really, but its creeping up, an at my age an as active as i stay, i burn it off pretty quick. just not quick enough now...lol. Now i have an excuse since i am a grandma,,, :D

10. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Very nice work there..

Sjoerd,

nice work with the pre tree and wreath.
    No we dont have Cypress here in Penna.

Blue spruce is my favorite..
    However we have an artificial tree all deco and lites and enjoy it.

The real trees are too pricey for one week of happiness.

I feel lazy this year........We been at too many parties and too many pals this year.........

11. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Biita:
    Thanks for the nice words. The time for the protest has long past, but I'm a little bit hesitant to remove it because it has an unusual sticking quality, and the glass in the porthole is quite thin. Oh well.
    I'm not really worried about my tum either. I have never been fat...just tall. I hope that doesn't change, but we'll see. heh heh heh. I am fairly active and I suspect that that plays a role as well. Meanwhile the sweet breads and cakes just keep rolling in. I got a nice "spice cake" from a lady at work friday (home made) and my partner and I have finished more than half of it already. MMMMMM it's gooooood. This lady and I exchange foods and jams. She makes good stuff. I gave her a couple of my lovely courgettes once and the following day she brought in a "courgette cake. It was wonderful. Needless to say, she got courgettes from me on a regular basis.

Barb:
    Enjoying the Seasons' festivities, are you Barb? ;) I'll bet you folks are really having a good time there.
    I just keep looking into the living roiom at that "tree" of ours. It looks so cozy.

12. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

What does that little yellow sign say? Now you have me curious. As long as it isn't "Warning! Too many Holiday Treats Ahead!"

;-)

13. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

The little sign says, "Holland (Nederland) deserves better!". It purposely was used on a yellow, triangular traffic sign that indicates that caution should be taken.
    A couple of years ago the then government were contemplating taking away a number of social programs for the elderly and others and the country went a bit mad. more than 300.000 people turned up in Amsterdam to protest it. There were no riots and the sphere ws good. The government backed down and ultimately ws replaced partially.
    It is common in this country to speak one's mind on political matters, and if pushed too far, then to demonstrate. Its'healthy and insures that fairness prevails. It keeps things in balance--not too conservative and not too social.
    I took fotos at the event and made aprovocative little show of the event. All great fun.

14. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

They really did an outstanding job.Those are very pretty.

15. Biita

Geez Sjoerd you got all the ladies feeding you,,lol. No wonder you have a big garden. just kidding, i do the same here, i make something or pass on fresh veggies an someone is always sending back something else,, its nice when that happens because you know you made someone happy an it makes the result even more worthwhile an happy.

Sounds like the government here. They try to pass something or propose it, and the country will stomp their feet an say "Not in my lifetime you won't" and the goverment listens. Comming from living in America most of my life i find this so facinating that most of the time i have my mouth hanging open in awe.