What ails my marigolds?

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by Tina, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Tina

Tina Young Pine

I have repotted the little ones in big pot and they are in the patio where they get plentiful of sun. But I am noticing that the edges of the leaves are turning black and curling up. Also they have not grown at all since the last month or so. I doubt if you can make out from the pic, but they don't look to good.Can I do anything to help them?

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Tina your photograph isn't showing. :( Could you try reposting it please so that I can get a better idea of what's wrong with your marigolds? Thanks.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Hi Tina. Did you harden off your seedlings before you put them outside? It looks to me like they are in a bit of shock.

5. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Tina, have you had a soil analysis done? Maybe your soil is lacking an essential element. Just a thought. You can buy the little kits at WalMart.

6. Tina

Tina Young Pine

No, I haven't done any soil analysis or hardening off the plants. Never gave that any thought. These marigolds are still in containers. I just separated them out and put them in bigger pots. They are growing in potting soil.
    Eileen, I know my photograph isn't showing much. I will try again. The leaves are a little darkish and curly.
    Will fertilizing them help any? How and when should I fertilize?
    Thanks again everyone for responding.