What are your July gardening tasks?

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by Frank, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Time for another gardening tasks callout. While rain is aplenty here in Europe at the moment there must be some of you for who the sun is beaming down. What's in store in the garden this July?

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Survival of the fittest. Meaning whichever plants can find snorkle gear that fits and get themselves moved to higher (but little chance of it being dryer) ground will live to see August.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

If the rain ever stops here we'll be getting on with building the fence for the front garden!!!!

5. muddybob

muddybob In Flower

Although we have had a couple of very wet days things are back to dry. I am fortunate in that Ron has the whole place on soaker hoses and drip irrigation that are on timers for night watering. If it weren't for him my plants would be dying in spite of my efforts. Bless his dear heart.
    So we take turns mowing. I try to keep up on removal of spent blooms. But other than that I just try to sit back and enjoy our efforts with a cold drink!

muddy

Advertisement
  6. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I hope to just get the yard mowed in July so far june didn't stop raining long enough to do so.If July stays like it has started out not much chance of mowing.

7. bethie

bethie Young Pine

Dragging the hoses around here. Weeding, staking and picking things. End of the month I will start wallflowers and hollyhocks for next years blooms.

8. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Hose-hauling, dandelion whacking, deadheading, and groaning that birds swooped in and nabbed my ENTIRE crop of currants- none of DH's awesome jelly this year.

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Deadheading, pruning, weeding, watering, weeding and more weeding! I'll also be harvesting some veggies (I hope!!)
    Still have some shrubs and roses to get planted but I won't do that until we get some rain. And lots of planning for next years gardens!

10. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Im trying to keep my plants alive >_< Not enough rain here. Also need to finish my tulip bed out front, and try to get the weeds under control. Also need to pot up some plants that have been waiting since May o_O

11. hummingbird3172

hummingbird3172 In Flower

Weeding, weeding, and weeding. Maybe some mulching to avoid more weeding. I wish everything else grew quite as well as the spanish needles.