What are your June gardening tasks?

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by Frank, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

June is here and with it comes summer heat for most. This can really influence what goes on in the garden. Some love the increased temperatures, for others it's a royal pain.

What will you be dong in your garden this June?

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I really don't have anything planned for June. Many things that need to be done, but nothing new. I will most likely just be doing the basic things to keep the garden alive thru the summer.

We have been getting rain so far this year but we are still on water restrictions in case the rain comes to a stop for the rest of the year. I should be able to keep things alive thru the summer unless the humidity gets as low as it did last year, then all bets are off again.

4. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Just the same as I've been doing .Pulling weeds and trying to play catch for the time I was gone.

5. StarLiteFarms

StarLiteFarms Seedling

I will be pacing back and forth as my little seeds just start to sprout (for those that do make it).. Hmmm, i wonder if this is how my husband felt as I was getting ready to deliver our daughter? LOL. I have to pray alot since my garden dirt was only 3-5 inches deep so not sure how that will affect the plants. I will also be mowing and cleaning up our next door pasture. Any volunteers?! (; I do have swimming on the plans too though.. so not all hard work all the time!

Advertisement
  6. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Get my tomatos & such in actual garden beds, build a rock-sifter, water carefully. The native prairie grass naturally goes dormant in June, but I'd like to keep a tiny rectangle of green out back. Pop dandelions out of the ground to feed to bunnies, the ultimate in recycling. Weed to mulch in one easy step!

7. daff

daff New Seed

June Tasks

Dead heading, weeding, keeping up with the mowing, sitting on the swing seat with a beer listening to the birds and the sound of nature .... 8)

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I'm still planting annuals and veggies. After that it will be water, weed, water, weed. And then the deadheading begins!
    Hopefully there will be something to harvest in the veggie garden too.