What is this beetle?

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by jakrum421, Jun 16, 2008.

1. jakrum421

jakrum421 Seedling

I had previously posted about some little red and black beetles chewing up my perennials. Well, I don't see any of them anymore, but this guy and his buddies are all over them in droves now and seem to be continuing the attack. Anybody got a clue what it is and furthermore, what to do about them?

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I think its what my mom called a sap sucker.If it is I have them everywhere on my plants too and plain soapy water will veggie oil doesn't help get rid of them I would like to find something that works also as 7 dust will kill my butterflies and bees off and my hummingbirds.

4. gardenmama

gardenmama In Flower

5. jakrum421

jakrum421 Seedling

Thank you, thank you for that info, ladies! No wonder I couldn't find anything about it online. I kept googling "beetle" and I guess that just isn't the case. Whatever the little monsters are, they sure are making a mess of my pretty flowers. I posted a pic of flowers in the gallery that shows some of the damage they did to a globe centaurea. But it's nice to know that they are manageable. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge. I do love this site.