What to do when out of town...

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by tweetykiss, Jul 3, 2006.

1. tweetykiss

tweetykiss Seedling

In middle of August, I will be out of state visiting my parents down South, what do the rest of you do when you have to leave town as far as your garden? I may be gone anywhere from a week to a week and a half.

2. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

I have my neighbor, sister, brother or hubby water them. Someone I know will do it.

3. tweetykiss

tweetykiss Seedling

I just asked my next door neighbor and she said she would water them.....thanks for your help...

4. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

No problem.

Advertisement
  5. thesecretgarden

thesecretgarden Seedling

Boy, I sure know that problem. I have so much to water that I use sprinklers all over my property. I had my water meters split so I have two meters, one for regular water and one for the garden. The one for the garden I don't pay sewage for anymore because it goes into the ground and not in the drain. It cost me to have this done but I have already made up what it cost to have them separated because I water so much, my sewage bill was rediculous! I have to hire someone to water, LOL, no one wants to volunteer to water for me. Gee, I wonder why??? :D

My husband and I do a lot of camping and we only book 4 day weekends. That's the longest we dare to be away during the summer. We always take our long trips in the early spring, winter and late fall.

My advice is don't plant so much stuff...hehehe...wish sometimes I would have taken my own advice. :D

6. flowie

flowie Seedling

lucky enough we have in ground sprinklers that come on every night at 2am for 20 min or 40 mins a piece. they egt everything..
    now the indoor stuff....
    they sell these gel pack things that water for up to two weeks while your away. they work really well... im not sure exactly how but they do.
    :setc_083: