William is here

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by CJay, Mar 25, 2017.

1. CJay

CJay In Flower

Im sorry that its been so long since I popped in. While I should have had lots of time to post online while I was sitting in the hospital room I just couldnt bring myself to do anything other than stare at the t.v.

Anyway William my son came a week ago on ST Patrick's day, sixish weeks early

While he is not entirely healthy he is doing pretty well.

Absent septum pellucidum is what William has. It happens in 2 out of 100,000 people. It can cause seizures and lead to blindness and is one of the main causes for blindness. Hopefully none of those happen. But that's what the doctor's are mainly concerned about as of right now. They are going to go and do a in-depth eye exam that involves numbing his eyes and going in to see if he has vision in his eyes... Of course nothing will tell for sure whether or not he can see 100% except time. But I'm hoping for the best.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

eileen likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

So good to hear from you CJ and to see your delightful little son. We're all hoping that the tests on William's eyes have a positive outcome. No matter what I know he'll have all the love a son could ask for.
    Welcome to the big, wide world William.

CJay likes this.
  4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Glad to hear his is here and doing pretty well. Keep us up on his progress and photos. Good thoughts coming your way for a good prognosis for his future.
    Give him lots of virtual hugs and kisses from all of us.

CJay likes this.
  5. CJay

CJay In Flower

Thanks guys.

My plans for the future have obviously changed some over the past few months.

With Kyle and I no longer together I wont be able to afford to homestead full time for a couple more years. But with the way things are turning out with my son I dont think Ill be able to work full time either.

But Dad ended up starting his own company and its been booming. He came to the hospital yesterday to see Willam and myself and asked me to come on as a partner. So with any luck that will solve the finincial problems.

I didn't know it but he has been running it out of his garrage for almost a year and went official with a fullblown shop several months ago. So we will see how that goes.

Advertisement
  6. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Congratulations on the birth of your son! I'm so very happy for you, even in spite of the less than perfect circumstances surrounding his birth! :heart:

I'm so sorry you and Kyle are no longer together...I must have missed that information somewhere along the line :( But very happy to hear of your Dad's business, and your partnership! That's wonderful.

Keep us updated when as as you can, especially with news of your son's health issues...all the good mojo heading your way for the best possible outcome for that!!! :like:

CJay likes this.
  7. mart

mart Strong Ash

He is beautiful ! Hoping all goes well. Will say a prayer that he is OK !

CJay likes this.
  8. CJay

CJay In Flower

Thanks guys. We come from hearty stock. He will be fine. Or thats what Im telling myself.

I thought that I posted earlier that Kyle split when he found out about Willam having spinal bifida and I wasnt going to abort. Oh well. His loss.

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Congrats CJay and what a fun day to be born on :flower: I really hope everything works out ok for William. Keep us updated!

CJay likes this.
  10. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Oh wow... I will keep you and William in my prayers. I don't have anything nice to say about Kyle leaving so I'll leave it at that. Your dad is a good dad. take care and be careful on the roads driving.

CJay likes this.
  11. CJay

CJay In Flower

You can talk as bad about Kyle as you want.

12. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

nope Cjay..... not going there. sorry for your distress but it is better to pray for you and William than to say something I shouldn't. I am just sad for you that he chose to do that.

CJay likes this.
  13. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Welcome to the world William! What a little sweetheart!
    Positive thinking goes a long way. Praying for good results from his in depth eye exam.

Chrisle, carolyn and CJay like this.
  14. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

I may be a bit older than I once was, and not as spry as I used to be. Sounds like I should make a side trip this May when I'm in Muscatine for a wedding and kick some Kyle cowardly butt. I'm not opposed to 'helping' someone discover the error of their ways. Anyway, I'm delighted to hear you are well supported, and that young William will have a loving and caring family.

15. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Your little boy is definitely one beautiful little dude! Green suits him too! :) :)

CJay likes this.
  16. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Cjay, I am so astonished at your bravery! William has one great mommy, and a support from his grandparents, too. Bless you, and William, and your dad and all your family.
    Kyle is missing out on so much--just hope he someday realizes just what he could have had.
    FBG, if you need back-up, let me know. Texas women are ferocious when riled!

Ronni, carolyn and CJay like this.