Would my Hardy Geraniums do better in a sunnier spot?

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by crazyabout, Jun 12, 2015.

1. crazyabout

crazyabout New Seed

My 4 year old Bloody Cranesbill hardy Geranium is a giant clump against the back of the house. Hoping to duplicate this success i purchased last year Lilac cranesbill. However it does not maintain its upright posture but flops over the border of the bed like it is reaching to get more sun. I know a Peony cage would help but wondering if this plant would do better in a sunnier spot or maybe full sun?
    If anyone has had experience with these please help. i can post pics hopefully later.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Himalayan Geranium, Lilac Cranesbill is meant to be a sprawling plant and likes sun or partial shade. Unless you really need to move it I would let it alone as it seems to be happy where it is and doing just as it's supposed to do.

purpleinopp and Frank like this.
  4. crazyabout

crazyabout New Seed

Thanks for the info. Did not know it was from a cooler place. Will probably use a peony cage and leave it alone. It is blooming quite well. Thanks.

5. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

How tall is it crazy? There are so many geraniums, just when I think I know about them I hear about a new one I have not encountered.