Yellowing leaves on Zamia furfuracea (aka cardboard palm?)

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by brombear, Jan 19, 2010.

1. brombear

brombear Seedling Plants Contributor

Hi everyone :D
    A question about my zamia furfuracea-
    its leaves are turning rapidly yellow and dropping off. It started with the oldest frond first and then the newer growth.

I bought this about 1 month ago, I haven't repotted it and am assuming it's not needing fertilisation just yet. giving it an medium amount of water- it's in a 5"pot and with the average day 35- 42 degrees C, things are drying out fast.

Any experince or thoughts? thanks, i'm not used to lkilling plants abd it's freaking me out a bit

cheers, a bear

moderator's note: added a more descriptive title to topic

2. Loading...

3. civicboyfl

civicboyfl New Seed

Mine recently started doing the same thing when I transplanted it. It's doing better now, but I think that this plant does not like change. Is it possible that you are over-watering it? Also, you said the average day was at 35-42 degrees C. That is ridiculously hot compared to mine goes through. Our days here rarely get over 35 and we always have HIGH humidity. What I'm getting at is... maybe this plant could use some shade in the afternoon from a plant that's a bit taller.
    Hope this helps before it dies altogether.
    Dave