My cool little alligator dude

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Pinkiered, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

This was given to me in early spring at a nursey. They were giving away plants when you spent over a $100. there :oops: (shameful roses addiction)

Since I knew nothing about it and could care less, I set it to the side and would water it when ever I watered the other plants. Well this morning I happened to pick it up and look at it closely. Its got babies gorwing on the "lip" of the plant! Then the babies drop off to root. Its suppose to have beautiful flowers come late summer or fall but I think mine is too little yet. I should repot it!

I did some research on it. All I knew was it was called an Alligator plant. Heres a link to find out more about them!
    www.emilycompost.com/kalanchoe.htm

Pics of my cool little alligator dude!
    The babies growing on the "lip"
    [​IMG]
    rooted babies
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

its markings
    [​IMG]

Im willing to share the cool little alligator babies come fall. That way they are big enough to ship safely.Just let me know.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. marlingardener
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Silkie
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

That's one interesting plant Denee. They were giving them away? That's even more interesting.. are you sure they are not some type of alien plant that will grow legs and devour all your roses :eek: :)D)

Seriously though the babies growing on the lip are really cool. You will have to watch it very closely to see one of the babies drop, that would be fun :)

I'm sure many of the US members are going to take you up on your offer when they see these photos.

4. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

Yeah they were giving these away. And I hope they will take me up on my offer!! HAHAHAHA! If you look closely at the pics, you will see the new leaves coming up, have new babies already growing!! Since its gotten so hot here, its shooting up fast and growing like a crazy. Thats what made me take note of it this morning!

And I cant be totally sure its not an alien plant!!! HAAH! But my roses are safe! I have this little guy next to my steps in the pot with my Black Magic.

5. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

I would like to have a baby one Denee!!Please!!! That is a very interesting plant!! I hope it's not alien!!hahaha!

Advertisement
  6. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

OK!!! Ill repot one of the babies..... HEY! Im going to set a little pot under one of the leaves to catch a falling baby!!! LOL Im having fun with this plant!

It will have you name on it! Ill get all your info come....say about Aug? That way its big enough to ship safely.

7. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Thank you so much Denee!!

8. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

You are very welcome!

9. Kimberly

Kimberly Seedling

OK!!! Add this to my box of stuff and send it my way!!!! :D

10. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I had one of those a long time ago some call them Mother of Millions.I was told it came from Korea.It was a Korean that gave it to me.You end up with more plants than you know what to do with. They are cute but mine never bloomed.

11. Teddy_Edwards

Teddy_Edwards New Seed

That's the name I had in my head when I saw the photo. My English teacher at school had them lined up on her classroom window sill and they would always find their way to the school fete's to be sold off!

Thanks for invoking a nice memory of her :-D