20 great roses for containers

Discussion in 'Trees, Shrubs and Roses' started by Logan, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

2. Loading...

3. MIKE ALLEN

MIKE ALLEN Seedling

Many thanks for sharing the video Logan.
    I always enjoy this fellows presentations. Mainly because his chat is based on practical experience, rather than loads of textbook information.

Droopy, Logan and eileen like this.
  4. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Your welcome Mike, yes the videos are good that he does.

5. MIKE ALLEN

MIKE ALLEN Seedling

Most of my roses are in 15Ltr pots as mentioned before. Due to health probs. I sadly can only manage about an hour in the garden as and when. I tend to be a bit methodical in keeping notes. So whereas perhaps times past I would have tended to thirty such pots an hour, now it's down to a megre 4. Albeit. Wednesday I managed 11 pots. This involves. Lifting the pot to a workable height. Removing all the weeds. A general manicure and tidy up. Applying TOP Rose and mulch with farmyard manure. It keeps me happy so I try not become negative. I have to admit. I am geting better at talking to myself.............even arguing at times. Stay happy, keep smiling and enjoy life.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    Logan and Pacnorwest like this.
  6. MIKE ALLEN

MIKE ALLEN Seedling

Interesting how things turn out. I've been growing roses for over sixty years and WOW how prices have changed. OK, the covid pandemic caused so many problems in life. In the Rose world, growers upped their prices, presumeably to maintane a healthy income despite 'shut downs' etc. Now as the 'bare root' season comes to an end, growers are giving discounts upto 50% off so as to clear their stocks. Just this evening. I received an email from David Austin roses offering great discounts. DA needs to as some prices are £25-£35 plus each.

Logan and Pacnorwest like this.