2008 trailer update

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by aprilconnett, Jan 21, 2008.

1. aprilconnett

aprilconnett Seedling

Life has been sooooo crazy lately, that I have just been keeping up by lurking.

So, we moved into the trailer back in June. Several people either loaned or gave us window unit air conditioners, so we didn't bake. :)

Hubby keeps trying to fix the leaky sink, but a new leak shows up EVERY time. I say the sink is possessed. lol.

All rooms have new floors. No carpet down yet. The dishwasher is hooked up. We have a stove, but only three burners work. And they are all three small.

Hubby just hooked up the dryer yesterday, and he hasn't tested the washer for leaks. And while we have running water, he hasn't hooked up the shower, yet.

He has been promising me new garden beds since September. I hope I get them in time for planting. ;)

Will try to be a little more active in the near future. Thanks to everyone for all of the support.

2. Loading...

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Well things are looking up more than they were April.I'm just glad to see you back and little by little things will get ok even your posessed sink Lol.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi April!!! :D I was thinking about you over Christmas and the New Year and wondering how you were doing. Fingers crossed your sink stops leaking and that your OH gets the shower and those flower beds sorted for you soon. So pleased you found time to pop in and let us know how things are progressing for you. :-D

5. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

Hi April . . . I had to go back, and catch up on some of your posts . . . I am in Hickory, NC . . . what town around Winston-Salem are you from? I have relatives from that area of the state. I am about 45 minutes from Winston. Anyway . . . it is nice to meet you, and I wish you the best of luck with your mobile home. I am sure it will be quite the cozy place as you and hubby put your hard work, determination, and personal touch on it. Blessings. Carmen

Advertisement
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Hi April :wave:
    I was thinking about you too! I'm glad things are coming together for you. Thanks for the update!

7. aprilconnett

aprilconnett Seedling

SongofJoy57,

I am in the Davidson County section of Clemmons. Basically, pretty far up Peters Creek Parkway.

And I know exactly where Hickory is. I grew up in Taylorsville. MY adoptive family is still there.

8. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

What a small world . . . my aunt lives in Clemmons, and I work in Taylorsville 2 days a week. My fiancee is working in Asheboro, and called me today as he was driving through Mocksville . . . I am Proud to Meet You. :wave:

9. bethie

bethie Young Pine

Glad to hear things are clipping along there. Hope you get some big flowerbeds then the sink won't seem so possessed. :stew1:

10. aprilconnett

aprilconnett Seedling

Great news!!! The demon of the sink has been exorcised!!! Yippee!!

Unfortunately, I think it moved to the washing machine. ;)