2023 Winter/Spring Quiz 1/2

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by Sjoerd, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Hi Daniel you have some fine trees in your garden. We live in a part of the country where the variety of trees we can plant is more than most growing zones. What is your fav tree..and why?

I’m totally with you on luvin trees . I have planted over 200 shrubs and trees around my garden.
    Here’s a great video on 15 of the largest trees in the world.

Sjoerd likes this.
  2. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Daniel such lovely trees, we only have a small garden so can't plant a lot of them. But there's a lot around us, when they built the houses they planted a lot of trees along the roads and at the back of the houses. Some are mountain ash which can grow into very large trees.

Pacnorwest that was a great video.

Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  3. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Logan… some of the tree in the video I had never heard of… amazing the oldest tree is 400 years old and tallest tree was just discovered in 2014 in the redwood forest on California. lf anyone get to California ride the Gobdola over the top of the red woods with the ocean in the background.
    any way it’s. Nice to know some trees are hidden away from the public for protection,Per video.
    Just 15 miles from my home there was the largest Sitka spruce tree in the world .750 years old.. we couldn’t believe just the roots so large . It was hit by heavy winds/lightening a few years ago that broke off the top. It was a majestic tree .
    https://www.oregonlive.com/travel/2...-a-magnificent-stump-on-the-oregon-coast.html