A Box of Chocolates

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by eclecticgarden, Apr 10, 2016.

1. eclecticgarden

eclecticgarden Seedling

A new girl named Cindy moved to town and Ronnie fell head over heels in love with her. One day, he worked up the nerve to ask her out on a date. Instead of going on a date, however, she asked if he would come over for dinner instead and meet her family. Unsure about meeting the family, but excited that she seemed interested, he said yes.

The day came and he planned out the entire evening. Part of his plans included three boxes of chocolates so he went to the candy store to pick them up. When he walked in he was greeted by the owner of the candy store, "Can I help you?"

"Yes Sir, I need three boxes of chocolates. One box has to have two pieces of chocolate, the second box needs to have six pieces, and the last box needs to have twelve."

"I can help you with that, but tell me, why do you need three different boxes of chocolates?"

"Well sir, I have a date tonight with a new girl in town and I'm hoping all this chocolate will help me get a kiss. When I get to her house, I'm going to give her the box with two chocolates and thank her for asking me to come. If she likes it, after dinner I'll give her the box with six pieces of chocolate and ask her if she wants to go for a drive. If she says yes, once we're driving down the road, I'll give her the box with twelve chocolates and ask her if she wants to stop and make out."

"It sounds like you have it all planned out," said the owner of the candy store, "I hope you get what you want."

"Me too," answered Ronnie excitedly.

Ronnie arrived at the house on time and gave her the first box of chocolates. To his delight, she was impressed by his gift. After she ate the first two chocolates they were called in for dinner. The table was set with all kinds of wonderful food and as they walked into the dining room the father invited them to have a seat right next to him. After they were seated, the father stood up and called for everyone to quiet down. Tapping his glass with his fork, he made an announcement, "Cindy has brought home a nice young man tonight and I would like to ask him to honor us by blessing the meal."

Ronnie swallowed hard at the unexpected request. Finally, realizing there was no way to get out of it, he started into a prayer that seemed to be voiced by an angel. He thanked God for the meal, for the animals, for the trees... he prayed for lost souls, for the sick and afflicted, for the stars, heavens and the universe... he prayed and prayed for about 15 minutes until finally ending it with a hearty, "Amen".
    After dinner, Ronnie and Cindy walked out into the living room alone. Cindy spoke to him in an excited voice, "That was the most beautiful prayer that I have ever heard. I had no idea that you were so spiritual!"

Without skipping a beat Ronnie answered back, "I guess that makes us even... I had no idea your daddy owned the candy store."

Philip Nulty, 2ofus, toni and 2 others like this.
  2. Loading...