A couple of random shots

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Dinu, May 27, 2015.

1. Dinu

Dinu Seedling

This is in Mysuru's vintage market, the building was built in the mid 1880s. My wife [not one in the picture] buys if she sees anything fresh. They arrange or pile the vegetables on a sheet or gunny bag. Nowadays, we do not go there due to heavy traffic and parking problems in the heart of the city. We buy from nearby roadside markets or some Horticultural department's outlets on our way.

P1380311.JPG

Sometime last year, I thought of taking stock of what bloomed that day, like this.

P1440253 (Custom).JPG P1440258 (Custom).JPG

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    eclecticgarden likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh, that market looks very nice. Our farmer's markets have become less and less local farmers and more of the same veggies you can get at a grocery store.

That photo of the blooms is gorgeous, such bright blooms and artfully arranged. That would make a beautiful framed print to hang on the wall.

4. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Love the way the market is all laid out. And I agree with Toni. A beautiful wall hanging your flower arrangment could be.

5. Dinu

Dinu Seedling

Thanks. There were two of my friends also that suggested me to make a wall hanging of these flowers, pressed.... I learn there is some technique in pressing flowers and the colours will be transferred to the paper.
    Many people enjoy buying from these kind of market places in preference to the big malls [veggies preserved in cold] that have come to Mysuru as well in recent years. It is because the seller-buyer interaction is interesting and they get fresh items while they can 'fight for a bargain', which is the most interesting part! Women are born bargainers! Am I wrong? This google images link will show a lot of colours http://bit.ly/1J7Mn8M
    The street-side vendors know the tendency of women as bargainers and it will be fun to listen to the conversation that leads to a settled rate, which is obviously a profit for the seller but the buyer will have the sense of having got it for a bargain! Here are two images I took some time ago. Roadside pushcart vendors are common, they hinder traffic and pedestrian movement, but the police are bribed to allow to stand there and do their business.

Fruitcart4.JPG Fruitcart2.JPG