A doctor's visit!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by dooley, Jul 12, 2010.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I went for the follow up this morning and things are about back to normal, thank goodness! He says it was triggered by my acid reflux and I have this medication to take twice a day for two weeks and need to use the maalox when I get any hint of the reflux. So, I came home smiling. But, you know it's better to be safe than sorry so we're not unhappy about going to get it checked out. In the middle of the night things seem to be worse than they would be during the day. It's just that it made my heart rate and blood pressure jump up and down but when it settled down things were good. I'm sorry to scare everyone. It's good now. dooley

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. dooley
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. reggaefan
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'm really pleased to hear your news Dooley. DR must be so relieved too. I know I am. :D I think everyone here will agree with me though that you should take things a little easier and relax more. Yes? :smt045

4. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Glad to hear things are okay. I agree with Eileen - take it easy!!

5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

This is the BEST news, Dooley!
    I wonder if you don't have a bit of a hiatal hernia along with the hyperacidiy. Do you know what that is?

Anyway, it is always good to have things checked-out. As you said--better safe than sorry. I reckon you will be bak at the sweing machione and Farmers' Market now, right?
    Take her easy anyway.

Advertisement
  6. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

I think we are all just glad that you went and got checked out. And even happier that all checked out well and you have a good plan for preventing further episodes. It is good to know what is what. But do take it easy in the heat, regardless!

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Very good news Dooley.

Have you tried Prilosec for the acid reflux? Randy has been on it since before it became an over the counter med. Talk to your doctor about it, it has been a godsend for Randy.

8. gfreiherr

gfreiherr Young Pine

So glad to hear you good news.

9. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

What wonderful news! :sete_040:

10. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Great news Dooley :-D I used to get heart burn quite frequently until I started taking natural honey with lime everyday, a cup a day. My reflux is still with me but now I burp/belch more frequently :D

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Toni, I've been on prilosec but only when needed so it takes a few days to build up. Now, he has me taking it twice a day. I'll go to Sam's Club and stock up on it when the current supply runs out. He also gave me tips on what to avoid. Carbonated beverages in one thing and I had already quit those a couple of weeks ago. I just wasn't watching it too close. T hat's something we will do more of now. Eating too late in the evening is another thing we have to watch, especially dairy products. So, while staying out of the heat more is a good thing I won't have to quit everything. Just reschedule it. We are making our yard smaller so we won't have as much to do outside and the neighbor boy is going to do mowing and weed eating. That just leaves me a small amount of gardening, flowers and herbs mostly. dooley

12. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I'm very glad things checked out ok.I am glad you will be cutting back from the heat some plus all the other things.Great news to hear.

13. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

:-D Glad to hear you got things checked out. I have been on Prilosec for quite a few years now. They also recommend buying those post things you put under the front legs of your bed so your head is higher. I never did it but a lot of people say it helps.