A few more of what's coming...

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by tschnath, Jun 5, 2008.

1. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Here are a few more pics of what's coming in my yard. Still now flowers yet, sorry, but it's just really starting to warm here and I think summer is coming. We've had lots of rain today which is good, we needed some.

Tall Plox
    [​IMG]

Jasmine (I think)
    [​IMG]

Astilbe
    [​IMG]

Dianthus
    [​IMG]

Hollyhocks (you can see a poppy bud at the bottom left of the pic)
    [​IMG]

Black Eyed Susans
    [​IMG]

Burning Bush
    [​IMG]

I can't wait to see flowers on all these and will repost when that happens.

2. Loading...

3. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

You are going to have some great color when they burst open. I am anxiously awaiting pictures.

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I think I'll join cajunbelle. Everything looks so fresh and green at your place. I'd love a close-up of what you think is a jasmine, please?

5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I'm with Droopy on this one, cos from here it almost looks like a Lonicera. Does that plant creep or is it more like a little bush? There are some Lonicera types that are indeed non-climbers.
    A close-up would help...plus it's always nice to see flowers up close and personal. ;) heh heh heh

You have some gorgeous specimens there. I am really thrilled that folks are beginning to post more and more flowers. So far it looks like everyone is having success...it's just great to see.

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

It won't be long now - gosh I can hardly wait to see everything you have bursting into flower. Your garden looks lovely as it is but when all those flowers start to appear it's going to be terific. :stew1:

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Just beautiful with the lush greenness of spring.

I want to get a Burning Bush, when does it turn color?
    Everything will look sooooo good when the blooming starts, looking forward to those pictures too.

8. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

OK, here's the best I could do on this Jasmine (I think) bush. It is a bush, actually I have several of them in different areas of my yard. It's very windy today and it's been raining, but this one came out ok. I've got a little pocket camera and it doesn't do well with close ups. Sorry.

If it's not Jasmine, please do tell.
    [​IMG]

These next two I'm adding for fun. When I was out taking the above I took these and I just thought they came out cool.
    Poppy buds, after the rain.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Lonicera fragantissima is a possibility, although the leaves don't look exactly right for that as I recall. I think the 'Fragrantissima' is a "bush type".

The only thing that I can say with any degree of certainty is that the flower does not look like any Jasmine that I have had or seen.
    The form of the white flowers do indeed resemble a Lonicera type.

Oh well there are some real identifying pros on here, it shall be interesting to see what they come up with.

It's a beautifuul plant isn't it?

10. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Sjoerd, I think your are close. I think it's some kind of Lonicera, maybe not fragantissima as the leaves are just a tad different. But maybe it is and mine is just different. Honeysuckle, that's what they are called around here.

Toni, the Burning Bush changes color in the fall. It's actually getting little white flowers on it now, I'll post another pic when it flowers. But they are very tiny flowers so I'm not sure how good it will photograph. It turns this really nice shade of red.

I took this last Oct. It's kind of far away, but you can see how brilliant they are in color.
    [​IMG]

11. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Lonicera japonica is a bush honeysuckle with white flowers. Take a look and see what you think.

12. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

I think that may be it Droopy. The leaves look the same. I've got a few of them around my yard at the edges of the wooded areas. Thanks for everyones help.