A help for Hornworms

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by DeepWoods, Jun 28, 2018.

1. DeepWoods

DeepWoods In Flower

A friendly heads up...I had some hornworms and purchased this product to try..it worked well so I thought I would pass on the results so that others might be helped. The photo is on my tomatoes, I saw the worm the day I sprayed but decided to leave it and another one to see if the spray worked, the other worm was dead on the ground..The photo was taken 30 hours after the spraying of the plants.
    It also worked on army worms and even helped against some flea beetles. HornwormKiller1.jpg

2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

BT in its various forms is a great help in the garden. We use it on broccoli. We don't have a problem with hornworms (yet) but if we do, I'll get some of the GardenSafe BT. Thanks for the information.

Growingpains likes this.
  4. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Deep Woods, I'm glad you use organic.
    I just take my little snippers and wearing gloves, I grab the Hornworm and either put it in a pail of water, or snip him in half. If I see droppings or leaves eaten, I know he is nearby and search until I find him.

DeepWoods and Cayuga Morning like this.
  5. DeepWoods

DeepWoods In Flower

I normally hand pick them and feed to my chickens...but with my eyesight these days, this sure does help.
    I am all organic...no man made fertilizers or any thing like that. I use composted manures and such for that.
    I use a mixture of garlic and cayenne pepper spray for most insect problems, sometimes I add a little neem oil.

Growingpains likes this.
  6. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

We seem to think alike.
    It's thanks to poisonous sprays, etc, that we have no bees to pollinate our crops.