Well, we knew the rain was coming, but not all this wind. With this incomplete picture in mind, we decided to go early and get stuck into some tasks. We picked beans and lifted some spuds. Then there was weeding to do, the Bride decided to remove the Myosotis seeds with her socks. The one strawb patch was uprooted as was the broad bean patch. The strawb patch was cleaned-up, min tilled, raked to break clods and finally planted with green manure. Yesterday, the fruit trees needed pruning. Before: After: The water chutes were taken to the twig bin and put on the pile: We also removed the netting from the Purple-sprouting Broccoli, built a new 5-point bamboo frame and tossed a new net over it, not realising the wind storm was coming. Here is the picture again— the new structure looks like a white tent. There in the back, you can see that we have begun protecting the blueberries. Actually, I notice that there is a lot to see on this pic—apples, blueberry bushes, leeks, onions, broccoli, beetroot and Swiss chard. It is difficult to see, but there is some mint for tea in a terra cotta pot between the greenhouse and the covered blueberry bush. There is one more strawberry bed to remove the plants from. There was also some tying-in to do here and there as well yesterday. We have been eating meals with fresh beans, peas and potatos for a few days now. The cucumber bush is beginning to yield little snack cucumbers. The Bride is over the moon about that.