A new puppy to help us heal...Maggie

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Sherry8, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

We had lost Scooter about a year and a half ago and then Miss Shadow in January....we had rescued Isabella after Scooter. Isabella was missing Miss Shadow and so was Birdie the cat . Birdie would walk in the bedroom where Miss Shadow and Isabella slept and keep looking around, it was heart breaking. Birdie usually groomed Miss Shadow daily when she was here too. I knew a large dog again would get to be too much for us to handle as we age so I kept looking for a little one. I found her in an advertisement when I was looking through dog photos.

Here is Maggie...they think she is a mix. She is Chihuahua/?. We bought her home after picking her up in Grafton, Wisconsin after coming here from Georgia. She was in a Kill shelter and Tailwaggers911 rescued her and needed someone willing to adopt her in order to bring her to Wisconsin. We had our 5 day foster to adopt period and we fell in love with her...she is so much fun and she loves our other Chihuahua mix, Isabella. The first day together and they were playing and getting along. Isabella is about 11 pounds and Maggie is only 4 pounds and was 10 weeks old. We had to make some changes until we get her potty trained but she is doing fine for her age. We put a board in between the kitchen and living room so if she has an accident, we can clean it up easily. We sit in the kitchen and play with her and when she is tired we bring her into the living room on our lap to nap.

February 19,2017 190.jpg

February 25, 2017 131.jpg

February 25, 2017 044.jpg

Frank likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

She is not only a cutie but a beautiful puppy. Looks like she knows she has a good forever home now.

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

This is a win-win situation for you, your other pets, and Maggie:smt041! She is adorable--love that little pink tummy and those jelly-bean foot pads.

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

How I wish we had touch and feel on our computers as I want to give her a big hug. She is absolutely adorable and I'm so glad Maggie has a forever home with you. Who could ever put a little lass like her in a kill shelter? My thanks go out to Tailwaggers911 and, most of all to you, for giving her life back to her.

Advertisement
  6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Aww, Maggie is absolutely adorable Sherry! Give her a big welcome {{hug}} from me :flower:

7. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

Beautiful pup!! We wish you much joy with her. puppy's dont replace companions they become new ones.

marlingardener likes this.
  8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Wish we could have dogs here. We would love to have one again. I like your new dog! dooley

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

What a little sweetheart!

10. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

She has grown...up to 7 pounds now and able to jump on the furniture for some time now. Just like children, you have to watch them all the time. Her and Isabella are still getting along great and sit in the chairs together . April 11, 2017 026.jpg

March 28, 2017 007.jpg

Frank likes this.
  11. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I never realized before we got Isabella how much Chihuahua and Chihuahua mixes love to be under the covers/blankets. Every time before we sit in a chair or on the couch we have to make sure the dogs are not underneath.

12. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Cute. My son has a chi mix... Chi x Jack Russel. That is what yours reminds me of.

13. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

That is what we were thinking Carolyn...Chihuahua/jack russel or could it be a great dane?? Only kidding. We thought she fit the Jack russel mix too but on her adoption papers they didn't know. She came from Georgia, someone got her for a Christmas present and didn't want her so she was in a kill shelter and the group I was checking out had her picture so we said we would foster her. She is such a good little dog and gets along with our other mix...we love her and adopted her.

carolyn likes this.
  14. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

his is super smart, too. you'll have fun with her. he brings him and he thinks he is just as big as my german shepherd :rolleyes:. never stops running in circles around the house with Maya.