A scary goat event

Discussion in 'Pets' started by CritterPainter, Jul 11, 2007.

1. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

We have had upper 90's right at 100 the last 2 weeks. This has caused severe thunder & lightening storms. There is a fire burning somewhere because smoke has moved in and it is really hazy. Medford and Ashland on the other side of the mountains gets REALLY REALLY HOT!! I feel for those poor people.
    I meant to say that I am about 1 hour East of her :rolleyes:
    Deanna
    :-D

2. hummingbird3172

hummingbird3172 In Flower

Poor Cecil! I can totally sympathize with him! I do not do well with the heat either...it's in the 90's here all summer long...and the humidity is about 100%...we get afternoon thunderstorms almost everyday in the summer and I am so disappointed when we don't get one because it cools everything down.

Aren't Nubian goats a breed that does well in the heat? He's probably just not used to it, huh?

3. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

yep, they are an african breed (they are the ones with the long floppy ears, so cute!) Just topped 95 at 2:00, usually the heat doesn't peak for a few hours yet *whine*

4. muddybob

muddybob In Flower

Dopey, my Nubian cross seeks the heat. I swear she finds the hottest place right up against the barn wall while the sheep are shaded up.
    I always wondered what my stockdogs would make of fainting goats!
    Anyway, glad your boy seems OK. This heat is killing me too. I was working down in your area yesterday and about did myself in. I cancelled all my afternoon appointments today. My clients seemed to be relieved!

muddy

Advertisement
  5. Chitweed

Chitweed In Flower

We had a dog with epilepsy...he was on daily meds for the last years of his life, but did just fine. I wonder if your goat might could use something similar? Are you going to have him checked by a vet?