**A Sentimental Note: Dementia & A Gardener Caregiver**

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by hummerbum, Jan 29, 2020.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Hummer, it will all work out well for you and your family. There are few things more therapeutic than a good garden and its vegetables.
    Sinatra is one lucky kitten, and if he ever finds out he is your stress reliever, he'll take advantage of that to the max! After all, he will be "chairman of the board." Be prepared for a lot of lap sitting, purring, and being trained to be "staff" for a cat. Believe me, we have been there and done that!

hummerbum likes this.
  2. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

@marlingardener, thank you. I can't wait for him to heal and settle down on my lap. He had been outdoors for the entire 9 months He's getting there...boy the purring he does now when I rub him, is calming. .

Sjoerd and marlingardener like this.
  3. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Sometimes it is good to know what you know. Congrats on the new addition too. It'll be wonderful once he gets YOU trained! ;)

hummerbum likes this.
  4. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Islandlife likes this.

Advertisement
  5. JancyDriimy

JancyDriimy New Seed

Dementia is a very terrible disease. When my relative was diagnosed with it, I was shocked. To be honest, I did not believe that if I hired a caregiver, it would be easier for my grandfather, and his pain would not progress so quickly. However, I decided to find a caregiver, which I did via https://homecareassistance.com/palm-beach. She was smart and kind, and I knew I could rely on her. Doctors say that his dementia is in remission, probably because my grandfather received constant attention and affection.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022