Advice on where to buy a greenhouse?

Discussion in 'Greenhouse' started by Jack Jones, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Jack Jones

Jack Jones New Seed

Haha, wow Barb, that greenhouse is amazing! I'm in awe. Gives me a lot to think about. :)

2. Jack Jones

Jack Jones New Seed

Quick update!

I feel like a bit of a failure after some of the great advice and inspirational photos from the crew here, but in the end I went with something more expensive, but that will involve a lot less waiting/scouting/work! :fingerscrossed:

While I did poke around on craiglist, and got all excited about the new project, my wife knows me all too well—mainly from my heroically epic (some might say endless) home reno projects in the past. She also got a nice little bonus from work, which makes the financial side a lot easier! :)

So, anyway. To cut a long story short, we've ordered a western red cedar potting shed from these guys:
    https://cornerstoresheds.com/products/outdoor-living-today-sunshed-12x12

They were able to source a slightly smaller/cheaper version for us, and my wife is happy. Less waiting, less effort, and we can get to our creative pursuits much sooner. Plus, the design and materials look great, so I think that we'll end up happy with it in the long run.

upload_2017-2-21_15-12-59.png

THANKS again, to everyone for their advice and helpful suggestions. My eyes have been opened to some of the things you can get done for dimes on the dollar, so now I have a hankering to work on a little glasshouse project of my own. Onwards and upwards! :)

eileen likes this.
  3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Looks great Jack and I hope you have many happy years with your new potting shed. It seems like a good size too and I love the red cedar. You must show us photographs once it arrives and is built as we do so love to share one anothers pleasure. :)

4. Jack Jones

Jack Jones New Seed

Heh, thanks Eileen! I will do! :)

Advertisement
  5. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Looks lovely! You've got a great building that can only increase the property value :) :) to nothing of all the enjoyment you're going to get out of this. Love the way they've inset the glass via the roof.

All in all it looks terrific!! :) :) :)

6. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Beautiful Jack....you will enjoy it for years and years...