All experiments do not turn out great,, or even edible !

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by mart, Dec 11, 2020.

1. mart

mart Strong Ash

OK so we ate it but sure needed improvement ! I saw a recipe in the local paper about a fish burger ! Basically ground fish with tartar sauce on a bun ! So,, you know me,, I had to try it ! Very simple to do just grind the fish, ( I used the catfish filet I already had) Added a bit of breadcrumbs for a binder ! But I didn`t think about the salt used on whole fish and how it would be on ground up fish ! Needless to say when used on whole fish or filets it is just on the outside which is fine ! But when used on ground fish and mixed in it is way too much ! So,,next time will sure adjust the seasonings ! Was so looking forward to a good fish sandwich ! Back in the late 60`s many drive-ins had a square fish patty that was so good and I have yet to find anything that tastes that good ! Just a fish patty, deep fried and on a bun with tartar sauce and a bit of lettuce !
    Have no idea why it tasted so good back then and not so good now ! Its just fish on a bun !

2. Loading...

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Was that like a fish croquet Mart. I am trying to imagine how your fish thing looked. We like to eat fish over here, so I am kinda interested to hear more.

4. mart

mart Strong Ash

Very like that and would have been good had I adjusted the salt ! But didn`t think about that ! I will next time ! Warm toasted bun and fish patty with lettuce and tartar sauce ! Back to the 60`s sometime in the future !
    Will try it again later ! Back then they were square but mine were round patties or like you said croquettes !

Sjoerd and Cayuga Morning like this.
  5. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Make fish burgers with leftover cooked fish, egg and breading of choice. Don’t think I’m up for “grinding” raw fish. Bet they are good though.

Sjoerd likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I see, Mart.
    We have things that we call “kroket’s”, but they are filled with ragout of various animals...however fish is not common here. I have eaten croquets from salmon before, but it was in the u.s. Tasty food.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  7. mart

mart Strong Ash

Would have been really good had I not oversalted ! !

Sjoerd likes this.