All is well that ends well

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Droopy, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

This summer we've been besieged by this little chap:

[​IMG]

He came from nowhere, and fully intended to move in with us. We've already got two cats, both strays, and this black beauty chased them and beat them so bad. They wouldn't be able to co-exist at all. So we put an ad in the local paper and tried to convince our neighbour that they needed a new cat.

Lots of people rang us about the cat, but none were the owners. When we left for our holidays I told the neighbour that if they managed to put it down they could. I couldn't, it was far too cuddly, pretty, healthy and generally nice around people.

When we came back from our holidays the black cat had chased our Lord away, and poor Snuske was a nervous wreck, so we made posters and stuck up everywhere. One "Lost" and one "Found", two different cats, same phone number. :D We also took the stray to the vet's for a chip and health check and found out he was about a year old and not castrated.

Lord had taken refuge not far away, so we got him back after he had been missing for a week and a half. Then some people rang and wanted a look at the black cat, because theirs were missing. It wasn't their cat, but they fell in love with him and took him home with them. What a relief!

[​IMG]

And we're welcome to visit our unwanted, but very charming summer guest if we want to.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Sherry8
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. koszta kid
      Replies:
      Views:

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Gee, it's a shame one of your cats disappeared. Maybe it will come back now that the black one is gone. We have stray cats here that sit just outside the fence so Chance barks and gets hollered at. They run when we come out. I wonder why people don't take care of their animals. dooley

4. Droopy

Lord is back, dooley, no worries there any more. He was very happy to be back, and both our cats are back to normal behaviour now.

All I'm hoping for is that the lovely stray stays put at it's new home. :D

5. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Droopy at least he didn't get put down.He is a beautiful cat.He would probably done ok with your other cats
    if he had been fixed.I know what its like to have cats that don't belong to you.

Advertisement
  6. Droopy

I think he might with time and if we had him fixed, glendann. That's why I wanted the neighbour to adopt him. He started to purr just by the sight of us. The girls carried him around, sometimes upside-down, but he only purred louder. No teeth or claws at all! Our own two aren't that patient or overbearing at all.

7. Wrennie

Wrennie In Flower

Nice looking cat./ I'm glad he found a home, and you got yours back..

8. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

I'm glad it all worked out :-D Maybe he was running away from a bad home when he found your loving home.

9. Droopy

Thank you, we're very pleased with ourselves. :D The animal shelter people were snowed under and couldn't help even if they wanted to.

We've been checking around the house for a sign saying: "Kind, easily charmed people inside", but if there is one I think only cats can read it.

10. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Thank goodness your own cats didn't leave home for good. I'm pleased to hear that the little stray has now found a good, loving home. I wonder who'll drop in on you next?

11. Droopy

I'm very happy they're still here too, eileen. And I don't want to know! We've had all kinds of unhappy creatures here, seagulls, cats, dogs, teen-agers and a Shetland pony, so I'll be happy to leave them to somebody else for a change.

12. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

You sound a bit like me Droopy. The only difference is that the creatures who come calling on me are sick or injured. I often wonder how they know where to come to for nursing. Maybe they know that we've both got soft hearts. :-?

13. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

What a tale, Droopy. I like it when stories have a good ending.

14. Droopy

Eileen, you've probably got a sign outside your home as well. :D

I like that too, Sjoerd. He's a sweet thing, and needed a home to rule.

15. qphomedecor

qphomedecor New Seed

That was a beautiful cat but I'm glad you got yours back. That is wild that they seem to hover around your house like that.

16. Droopy

Yes, very beautiful! Somebody called us "cat magnets". We need to be demagnetized, but I don't know how.