Amazing good news!

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Kay, Jun 19, 2014.

1. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Jane you have the nicest ideas. What a nice thought. Not that kitty understands one word of it, but it sure does make everyone feel better.

Kay likes this.
  2. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

I am sooooo glad to hear this news!! It does my heart good! :-D

Kay likes this.
  3. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

I'm still just amazed at the toughness of this cat. She is such a little pitiful thing right now, but she must be a determined, tough girl.
    I wish I knew her story.
    She is eating like never before (now I have two kittys eating like pigs) We are still confining her in the sunroom. Chloe is not happy, and has been growling and hissing at her. This doesn't even phase Dolly... The two of them have never been the best of buddies, now we are trying to keep them apart until Chloe gets used to her again.
    She let me bathe her, and give her a haircut to get mats out. She is still a little wobbly but doing better.
    I took her outdoors with me a while this morning, she stuck to me like glue, but seemed happy to be out.
    I hope she gains weight fast, she is just so skinny.

Frank, stratsmom and Philip Nulty like this.
  4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

This is good news--that she is eating like a little piggy! Ask the vet about scrambling eggs in butter--that is protein and calories that she could use if it is good for her.
    When our previous cat (Sampson C.) would go "walk-about" for two weeks then come home as skinny as a rail, I'd give him scrambled eggs in butter once a day to supplement his regular cat food.

Kay likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Kay

Well, I'll have Bob cook us up a good breakfast tomorrow! :D

6. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Kay,..eating like a piggy sounds good,..where ever she was must have being a trapped enclosure where there was no food,..its great to know she is hanging on to you when you take a walk,..she will thrive from now onwards.

Kay likes this.
  7. Kiasmum

Kiasmum In Flower

I'm just catching up and saw your post.That is fabulous news to read Kay and I'm sure that with lots of love and tlc Dolly will gain her weight and health in double-quick time.

Karin

Kay likes this.
  8. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

what a happy ending story that she is back home...I hope she is back to normal soon...

Kay likes this.
  9. Kay

Dolly looks better each day. I gave her quite a haircut! I have been dying to do it for years, but she wouldn't let me. So she looks so little, with no hair and no meat on her tiny bones. She is settling in to her life again,and just a little more meek and mild. She sure is sleeping a lot, and not so anxious to be outdoors without me. Eating really well.
    Chloe has given up the snarls and hissing, and has resigned herself to having her sister back.
    It is a little miracle!

Frank and stratsmom like this.
  10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

This is just the greatest news....thrilled for you, Kay.

Kay likes this.
  11. Kay

Thanks Sjoerd! You gave me encouragement, when I had all but given up.
    Here is Dolly today.

[​IMG]
    Dolly Back home for a week now ( photo / image / picture from Kay's Garden )

She has a sort of sad distant look these days. She is still weak, and I feel like she has post traumatic stress. She has only been back a week, so I'm hoping she perks up some more. She has kind of lost her spunk. And; it is very hot and humid, so I can't blame her for being slow and lazy.

[​IMG]
    Dolly taking a break in the shade ( photo / image / picture from Kay's Garden )

12. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

She does look a little sad, doesn't she? I do hope that in another week she will be back to her perky self :)

13. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thanks for those pics. It will take time to get back to normal. However, even if she doesn't...she is back to safe place now where she will be loved and cared for properly.

I am so glad that my words of encouragement helped. I really am not one to give up and that spills-over to those whom I care for as well. (lil hug).

I am quite happy for you.

Frank and Kay like this.