Android smartphone emojis not supported.

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Help' started by S-H, Apr 8, 2020.

1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Dear Frank,

Android smartphone emojis are not working when I write something here... I can still use them, and they do appear - But they aren't getting posted out into group when I press post.

The emojis we already have on the site, aren't bad at all. And for desktop computers and laptops, the only option available. We all have had a lot of fun with them, and I am sure we will continue to play with them for many years to come. So I don't wish to see them retired.

However in comparison to the number of emojis provided by Android smartphones and Google keyboard - The options we have here on the sute is now starting to feel somewhat limited, (and out of date too).

I can imagine that it would require some heavy tweaking. So if it's too much work for such a small thing - Then just leave it and simply let things be as they are.

But if you were already thinking about doing such a thing in the future. Then let me say it here and now, that I totally approve of it!

It's just that aside from emojis, they also have small moving GIF embedding option too in Android - So I am starting to feel like we might be missing out on something.

Anyway, this was just a suggestion. But no need to rush into it.

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi @S-H , time is very limited these days so I'm afraid we are stuck with the Stew classic emoji set for now. If I find an easy solution for your feedback I will get to adding it :like: Thanks!

S-H likes this.
  3. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

As for adding emojis to text.

"I'm with Shakespeare, I don't use 'em."

Evil Roy likes this.